Question Seagate SSD Not registering and beeping.

Jan 2, 2022
Hello. I have a Seagate external SSD that has been working fine for about a year and a half. I even used it this morning. However, this evening when I plugged it into my laptop, it did not seem to be registering, and it was emitting a steady beeping sound.

I tried plugging it into two different computers, same result. I tried using SeaTools, but the program just went unresponsive. At this point, I would just like to be able to recover the data, if possible.

Any advice would be welcome.

piechockidocent9

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
Steady beeping of ssd drive can be caused by three things as far as I know which are overheating, faulty cable/connection or fault in disk itself. Since you already have put it in another config I'm willing to bet on latter of the three. As for how to salvage files from a dead disk in case of ssd it's not so much complicated as it is pricy. You can possibly try free/trial version of Recoverit or Stellar aps and see if you can get at least top priority files out but if not sadly you will either have to pay around 70$ for full version or go to a specialized data-recovering facility. I'd gladly be corrected by smone but as far as I know currently ssd failure is a death sentence, ever since ssd started to push out regular hhd you can find variety of specilized and efective firmware to recover files for dead hhd but in case of ssd it's quite hard.