Seagate - Tests + repair failed

fotigamv

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
Hello, my harddrive fails the tests, and if I run "sfc /scannow" in cmd, it fails too.
629df4e2f862c893c8ac239b1b4e64a9.png

Solution
Yeah, this really does sound like its because of the HDD failing, there are several things that really make me sure that it's the HDD. First the generall slow performance, the stutters ingame that are a sign of slow read spead which is a sign of a failing HDD and that the disk is at 100% use often.

My recommendation would be to backup all of your important files and then replace the HDD.

Jonas Dixon

Reputable
May 18, 2014
From the looks of it i think your harddrive is failing. There's not really much to do in a situation like this and if i where you i'd backup all important data as quickly as possible and then switch out the harddrive. If the harddrive is still under warranty you should be able to contact your vendor and get a replacement, but if not i'm guessing that you'll have to buy a new one.

fotigamv

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015

I'm having performance problems too, could the HDD be the cause?

Jonas Dixon

Reputable
May 18, 2014
Yeah, a failing HDD could definetaly cause performance issues especially slow boot times and slow loading speeds to games etc. Can you specify more exactly what kind of performance issues you are having.

fotigamv

Reputable
Nov 27, 2015
Yes of course.
In games, I am having Frame-drops / Stutters. They appear regurarly, like everytime I start a game I get fps stutters in the first few minutes.

Other than that, I have generally experienced a slower performance than in the past.
It started with installing Windows 10. Windows got really slow, when I serach something in the windows searchbar it sometimes freezes.

And often in the TASKMANAGER my disk has 100% usage.

Jonas Dixon

Reputable
May 18, 2014
Yeah, this really does sound like its because of the HDD failing, there are several things that really make me sure that it's the HDD. First the generall slow performance, the stutters ingame that are a sign of slow read spead which is a sign of a failing HDD and that the disk is at 100% use often.

My recommendation would be to backup all of your important files and then replace the HDD.

Solution