Search Google and Bing Simultaneously

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

you can use www.dogpile.com and search all search engines at once. they have been around for years! so this is nothing really new.

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
[citation][nom]doglegup[/nom]you can use www.dogpile.com and search all search engines at once. they have been around for years! so this is nothing really new.[/citation]
lol yep...

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Search Google and Bing at the same time.

Why? I loath Microsoft and have never had a problem finding out what I am looking for using Google.

The adverts MS is continually running for Bing are stupid too and irritating about as much as their swiss cheese OS is.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
From using Bing for a week, I noticed that Bing's results for my searches were more specific while Google's were more random. But considering how I usually don't really know what I'm looking for when I search for them, I need Google's randomness to find what I want.

If I know what I want or something specific, I'll use Bing. For everything else, Google will be what I'll use. It's funny, but search engines should be kind of like the Improbability Drive from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe.

jdamon113

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
dude you may loath Microsoft, but like it or not you use there software and my not even realize it.
Your an idiot, you hate just because you think it makes you sound cool.
Your not cool and microsoft has done more for this country than any company 10 fold.
you may like linux or mac, they to have microsoft in there blook.
stop hating and just accept what is.

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]Regulas[/nom]Search Google and Bing at the same time.Why? I loath Microsoft and have never had a problem finding out what I am looking for using Google.The adverts MS is continually running for Bing are stupid too and irritating about as much as their swiss cheese OS is.[/citation]

those advertisements are annoying but give bing a chance. more sources is always better

thejerk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
[citation][nom]jdamon113[/nom]dude you may loath Microsoft, but like it or not you use there software and my not even realize it.Your an idiot, you hate just because you think it makes you sound cool. Your not cool and microsoft has done more for this country than any company 10 fold.you may like linux or mac, they to have microsoft in there blook.stop hating and just accept what is.[/citation]

are you crying?

deathblooms2k1

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
What's the difference between microsoft and google? Business wise they both try to control every market they can get their hands on.

The only difference I can see is that to most people, they feel Microsoft Costs money and Google is free. This is by and large due to the fact that Google does not charge for individual personal use on most of their products. This however is not a blanket statement. Google charges plenty for corporate licensing on their products.

In short they both hold tremendous market share and they are both trying to make a profit (not be some sort of humanitarian software company out to save the world).

I just don't understand how people can HATE Microsoft because they are so "big" but go on to love google. Seems like a bit of a contradiction when both companies carry so many similarities.

G

[citation][nom]doglegup[/nom]you can use www.dogpile.com and search all search engines at once. they have been around for years! so this is nothing really new.[/citation]

My first thought exactly.

randomizer

Champion
[citation][nom]deathblooms2k1[/nom]I just don't understand how people can HATE Microsoft because they are so "big" but go on to love google. Seems like a bit of a contradiction when both companies carry so many similarities.[/citation]
Exactly. We all accept Google's "just trust us, we're the good guys" policy and they are slowly slipping more and more of their software into our lives, while we go and bash Microsoft and Apple. Google is a much greater danger than Microsoft because they've made themselves look like a charity service to the average Joe.

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
I think the point of this new site is that you can see the Bing and Google results side by side so you can compare the two. I just tried dogpile and it looks like it just lists results in horizontal order, not very good for a comparison.

eijiyuki

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
Rather than looking purely on the name of the results...some things I noticed.

Google's search database is at last 2x larger than Microsoft Bing's. Look at the total returned results. Also look at the related search terms which are much more meaningful than Bing's.

Status
Not open for further replies.