Question Season Prime Ultra Titanium Tx-1000 shutdown issue gaming

moheban79

Honorable
Feb 2, 2019
Hi,

Couple weeks ago all of a sudden my system which has been stable and not overclocked shut itself down playing Fallout 4 after an hour. This happened three times so far. I ran gpu-z and see that my Evga 3080 ti FTW3 gpu utilization hit 99 percent at max 406 watts board power draw. So I immediately suspect the psu is dying and after google searching I find out that the Seasonic Prime Ultra Tx1000 has issues with overclocked 3080 cards like mine that has three eight pin power plugs. So I had to take the psu out to take photo for rma and put it in upsidedown so fan pulls in cooler air. According to other forum the problem is that the gpu power 12v feed becomes unsteady at high power draws. In anycase worried it will take out the whole system. Seasonic offered me some other 1200 watt model PX something but not a efficient psu. Told them I want a replacement but they said no stock. What to do?

Thanks

moheban79

Honorable
Feb 2, 2019
Yeah thats what I want. The 1300 titanium atx 3.0 model. Anyhow loosing faith in the brand. Its not like I went over 800 watts. The PSU just caunt handle three 8 pin power connectors.