[SOLVED] Seasonic Core Gold GM 500 500W

Solution
Hey there,

From the limited info available online (it doesn't appear to have any reviews) it seems the Core PSU's are a replacement for the Focus line. The Focus' were/are excellent PSU's. The Core Gold GM comes with a 7 year warranty, and although that doesn't imply how good the PSU is, you can bet like with a lot of Seasonic PSU's they are made with high quality parts.

From the power standpoint it's absolutely fine. The Rx570 only requires a 450w PSU to work correctly. With the Core, you have a little headroom. This depends on what other hardware you are running though too.
Hey there,

From the limited info available online (it doesn't appear to have any reviews) it seems the Core PSU's are a replacement for the Focus line. The Focus' were/are excellent PSU's. The Core Gold GM comes with a 7 year warranty, and although that doesn't imply how good the PSU is, you can bet like with a lot of Seasonic PSU's they are made with high quality parts.

From the power standpoint it's absolutely fine. The Rx570 only requires a 450w PSU to work correctly. With the Core, you have a little headroom. This depends on what other hardware you are running though too.

Solution

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
That card just has a TDP of 150 watts so you have more than enough power.

If I remember right the core edition came out with a fix for the problem the Focus had.

EDIT and no that card does not require a 450 watt power supply no clue where the other poster got that.

Jun 9, 2020
Thanks both, I think he meant the card recommends a 450W PSU as opposed to needing 450W. Either way, thanks for both your help.

Not looking forward to swapping out my PSU as I haven’t dealt with computer builds for several years and so have been re-educating myself and catching up on some of the changes that have happened?!

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Thanks both, I think he meant the card recommends a 450W PSU as opposed to needing 450W. Either way, thanks for both your help.

Not looking forward to swapping out my PSU as I haven’t dealt with computer builds for several years and so have been re-educating myself and catching up on some of the changes that have happened?!
The manufacturer should never list a recommended Watts because they have no clue what your other parts are they should simply state the TDP of the card.

For swapping out the PSU really nothing has changed. CPU, motherboard, video card, drives, and if any Molex cables.

If I remember right the core edition came out with a fix for the problem the Focus had.
It's not entirely like that. The Core series is actually a new, more budget-oriented series that Seasonic launched together with the Focus revision (Focus GX, PX, etc.) that fixed the issue you're talking about back on Computex '19. AFAIK the Core series is just a stripped down old Focus, but I am not sure if it retains the same issues or not.