SeaSonic Platinum-760 Power Supply Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007

The unit quoted for those specs must have been using capxon brand capacitors instead of nichicon.

tomshardware.de reviewed that Seasonic Platinum-760 (SS-760XP2 Active PFC F3) and shows the MTBF as 150.000 hours. That may be the way they display 150000 in Germany by using a decimal point separator instead of the comma separator we use here in North America.

I have the 660W version of this PSU. I'm running mine in Normal mode, as I am a little uncertain about the reliability in Hybrid mode. The bad about running the PSU in Normal mode; is that it will allow more dust to be sucked into the PSU in very dusty environments, that is if you have it placed down pulling air from outside your case. This is why I mounted my PSU up to pull air from inside the case, which I know some don't recommend doing. I just feel warm air from inside the case will be less harmful to the PSU than being clogged up with dust in a few short months if mounted down. Less cleaning to do, too!

Also, these PSUs do come in very nice packaging. The cables are a little stiff to work with, but you can tell this is a high quality product. I'll stick with Seasonic for all my future builds!

texastim65

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
I love the velvet bag that comes with the Seasonic power supply (1st picture). It's identical to the ones that Crown Royal Whiskey comes in. Very handy for holding my change or your kids marble collection :)

ralanahm

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
I think they are the same made at Seasonic the sea sonic ones is $5 less online maybe they is some accessory in the box that adds $5.

Montego

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
@ko888 - Yes, in Germany unlike in America, the period (.) is used rather than the comma (,) to express thousands in a numerical string (i.e. 1,000 {American} = 1.000 {German}).

Status
Not open for further replies.