[SOLVED] Seasonic Prime SSR-1300PD hybrid mode

Feb 2, 2022
Hi

I got a new Seasonic Prime SSR-1300PD for my 2 month new pc.

And im using the hybrid mode for fanless sillent mode.
But it seems like the fan starts to spin/load even when im posting on forums or opens google to seach with.

Then it suddenly starts to spin for 5-6 mins and then its sillent for 5-6 mins.This loop seems to go on.
So if im playing games or browsing then it happens..is this normal ?

Hybrid mode = 5 min fan spin and 5 mins fanless sillent mode.
Isent the fan gona stay sillent until i start playing games ?

Im using balanced power mode where my cpu is idle when i barly use my pc.
So its idle 800 mhz where around 5-10 % cpu is being used.

Its bot super loud but just a bummer when everything else in my case is sillent.

My specs

11900k Intel
3080 ti Auros OC extreme
32 G skill trident z
Asus maximus extreme XIII
Seasonic Prime SSR-1300PD
3 x 980 m.2 samsung
Several rgb leds
7 Riing quad case fans

Solution
Ok that start to make sence.
Will the Focus gx seasonic 1000 w be enough for my system ?
Since it has this 30% load fanless mode
The best way to find a quiet PSU is to use the Cybenetics database. A noise rating of A++ is the most quiet. If you can find a high quality 1000 watt PSU with an A or A+ rating that should get you where you want to be. A comprehensive review of the unit should be used as a purchase reference, not just the noise rating. Here's a couple excellent quality 1000 watt units with their noise ratings:
The PSU you have is very good. I'd keep it unless the noise really bothers you.
Hi

I got a new Seasonic Prime SSR-1300PD for my 2 month new pc.

And im using the hybrid mode for fanless sillent mode.
But it seems like the fan starts to spin/load even when im posting on forums or opens google to seach with.

Then it suddenly starts to spin for 5-6 mins and then its sillent for 5-6 mins.This loop seems to go on.
So if im playing games or browsing then it happens..is this normal ?

Hybrid mode = 5 min fan spin and 5 mins fanless sillent mode.
Isent the fan gona stay sillent until i start playing games ?

Im using balanced power mode where my cpu is idle when i barly use my pc.
So its idle 800 mhz where around 5-10 % cpu is being used.

Its bot super loud but just a bummer when everything else in my case is sillent.

My specs

11900k Intel
3080 ti Auros OC extreme
32 G skill trident z
Asus maximus extreme XIII
Seasonic Prime SSR-1300PD
3 x 980 m.2 samsung
Several rgb leds
7 Riing quad case fans
This PSU is compact for it's power level, having a relatively small PCB, meaning it's a bit crowded inside. Since it's both small and powerful, it's really no surprise that it has an aggressive fan profile that's tamed somewhat by the hybrid mode. If it's mounted so it's getting cool air from outside the chassis there's not much else you can do AFAIK. It is what it is.

Reactions: Hyberpsycrow
Feb 2, 2022
This PSU is compact for it's power level, having a relatively small PCB, meaning it's a bit crowded inside. Since it's both small and powerful, it's really no surprise that it has an aggressive fan profile that's tamed somewhat by the hybrid mode. If it's mounted so it's getting cool air from outside the chassis there's not much else you can do AFAIK. It is what it is.

The best way to find a quiet PSU is to use the Cybenetics database. A noise rating of A++ is the most quiet. If you can find a high quality 1000 watt PSU with an A or A+ rating that should get you where you want to be. A comprehensive review of the unit should be used as a purchase reference, not just the noise rating. Here's a couple excellent quality 1000 watt units with their noise ratings:

Solution
Feb 2, 2022
Still its just funny the feature list states this
Premium Hybrid Fan Control - Fanless until 40 % load

But even when i sit here and post then the fan starts to spin for 5 minutes at rpm 1200 ish. Then it stops for 5 minutes and repeats.
I doubt this takes 40 % load to post in here...

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
Premium Hybrid Fan Control - Fanless until 40 % load

But even when i sit here and post then the fan starts to spin for 5 minutes at rpm 1200 ish. Then it stops for 5 minutes and repeats.
I doubt this takes 40 % load to post in here...
Perhaps not so 'premium' after all. As i told you on Reddit, just get a different PSU with proper fan control mechanisms, that means not Seasonic. At least directly, because Seasonic-made EVGA G6 is fine. Or Corsair RM-x, which would be preferable for 1kW version since it's better built.

Feb 2, 2022
What if you don't use the Hybrid mode? Is it still annoying then?
What case?
Is it mounted fan up or down? Tried changin that?
If i dont enable hybrid mode then its like the first video allways fan spin at this level. !
The fan is pointing down since i have air holes in the bottom at my meshify 2 xl case with a dust filter.
I havent tryed to turn it upwards since i spoke with seasonic hat says it will only prolonge that mode. so its each 10 min or so.
And another guy from another forum has it upwards and it does the same thing..he bought the 1000 gx focus psu and found peace.

Feb 2, 2022
I just swapped my 1300 px for a 1000 prime TX seasonic. Its abit of a downgrade. But its sillent and it dosent ramp up each 5 min in a endless cycle.
Even in normal mode i barly hear the fan. Sometimes im worried if it works :D

Reactions: Vic 40
I just swapped my 1300 px for a 1000 prime TX seasonic. Its abit of a downgrade. But its sillent and it dosent ramp up each 5 min in a endless cycle.
Even in normal mode i barly hear the fan. Sometimes im worried if it works :D
At this point you should be able to just use your system and not even think about the power supply anymore. Just blow out the unit occasionally to keep it clean. Cheers.