News Seasonic's Connect PSU Is for Cable Management Nitpickers

I am surprised the hub is so thick. I would think you could get away with something slightly thicker than the molex sockets. They could probably source some different sockets that would enable an even lower profile. The hub itself, like Giroro said could be modular. Allowing you to place sockets on a clip on rail system for ultra short runs and orthogonal cable layouts.

The next evolution would be for the case manufacturer to include a power distribution board in the back of the case so that you only need 3-6" cable runs from the distro-board to the component. You could easily include a fan controller and some awesome art or an epic amount of RGB. The board alone if done in a large scale would probably only be $50 premium. A one-off would be...$250 maybe more.

Pat Flynn

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2013
I like this idea.
The connect hub itself doesn't look modular, but it should be. That way they could offer a range of sizes.

From the pictures above, it does actually appear to be modular in that you can disconnect the distribution bar from the PSU's main cable. There's two plugs that can separate the bar, you can see it in the breakout picture in the middle - the connector is unplugged.

JoBalz

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2014
I am surprised the hub is so thick. I would think you could get away with something slightly thicker than the molex sockets. They could probably source some different sockets that would enable an even lower profile. The hub itself, like Giroro said could be modular. Allowing you to place sockets on a clip on rail system for ultra short runs and orthogonal cable layouts.
This is the first product. I imagine if it sells they'll begin tweaking the design so that it can fit into smaller cases and be produced in a wider rage of wattages.

BlueCat57

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009

The next evolution would be for the case manufacturer to include a power distribution board in the back of the case so that you only need 3-6" cable runs from the distro-board to the component. You could easily include a fan controller and some awesome art or an epic amount of RGB. The board alone if done in a large scale would probably only be $50 premium. A one-off would be...$250 maybe more.
And you'll be the first to break it.

BlueCat57

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
I don't get the obsession with neatness inside a case that no one will ever see. I somewhat understand Conquer d'elegance, but I'm happy if I get in my car and it doesn't smell.

RGB RAM? Why? Cable management to some degree I understand, but if it ain't rubbing up against a fan or the the RAM then shut the case and get to work.

TRENDING THREADS