Second display doesn't fit on monitor

haxattk

Commendable
Aug 3, 2016
The native resolutions for both of my monitors is 1920x1080, however the display for my second screen doesn't fit on the monitor. The height seems to be okay but the width seems to be too big as the right hand side of my screen is cut off by about an inch or so.

I am on Windows 10, my GPU is ASUS 760GTX and I have updated the drivers for it

Solution
Hello... Yes... 1) as a "simple test" could you hook up the 231SL monitor with a Digital input cable and see if The VGA signal from card or input of the Monitor, is causing this?
2) as a "simple test" could you hook up your other monitor with The VGA signal from card, and see if you see the same mis-alignment on that monitor?
3) Try the 231SL monitor with VGA, as the Only monitor connected to the GPU... do you see the same mis-alignment?

Hello... Have you looked at the OS settings and exterior Screen placement is centered? you can move the Screen icons above in this OS Display Panel, to center or move the screen position real estate...

Right click desktop-Screen Resolution place mouse over Monitor #2 and hold down the mouse key to move or center it.

haxattk

Commendable
Aug 3, 2016

That's all okay, the problem is that it seems like the resolution is too wide for the monitor as the height seems okay.

For example, i cant see the time in the bottom right corner or the 'X' to close the window

haxattk

Commendable
Aug 3, 2016

It's a Philips LED 231SL monitor, I currently have a VGA connection going to a DVI-I connection (i know this is less than desirable)

I've been playing around with the settings in the nvidia control panel but nothing seems to be working. I remember having this issue a while back when I changed my graphics card to a 760GTX and I managed to fix it by creating a custom resolution for that particular screen, any ideas?

Hello... Yes... 1) as a "simple test" could you hook up the 231SL monitor with a Digital input cable and see if The VGA signal from card or input of the Monitor, is causing this?
2) as a "simple test" could you hook up your other monitor with The VGA signal from card, and see if you see the same mis-alignment on that monitor?
3) Try the 231SL monitor with VGA, as the Only monitor connected to the GPU... do you see the same mis-alignment?

Solution

haxattk

Commendable
Aug 3, 2016

I only have digital ports on my card but I will purchase a DVI-D cable and get back to you! :)

EDIT:

I unplugged both of the monitors and plugged them back in and now the resolutions are perfect! Thanks for the help :D