[SOLVED] Second display not working

Jun 30, 2020
Hello, I am new to this forum so I hope you could guide me on this issue.

I connected my laptop to an old monitor that was lying around, since the monitor had DVI-D and D-SUB port I bought an HDMI to DVI-D adapter and connected it to my laptop. On windows display settings the monitor shows up perfectly fine but the monitor itself only shows check signal cable. The issue isn't with the cable or with monitor since I tried connecting the device to other laptops and it works just fine.

The laptop I am using is Hp pavilion gaming laptop 15-cx0xxx, and it has a gtx 1050ti as dedicated gpu.Could the issue be because my laptop display is using integrated intel gpu and monitor using dedicated gpu ?
Any help would be much appreciated

Solution
Same like I said for the Nvidia control panel. Try set the secondary monitor.
If this didn't work, I don't have another clue what to do.
Maybe you can try update the driver, or the windows. Sometimes they are fixed with update.
Thanks for your help ... I ended up getting a new HDMI - VGA converter and used that to connect and somehow this connection works without any issue ... I guess there was some issue with HDMI-DVI-d connection between my laptop and monitor. Though the issue came up only in my laptop so I don't really understand much at what happened there.
Hello, I am new to this forum so I hope you could guide me on this issue.

I connected my laptop to an old monitor that was lying around, since the monitor had DVI-D and D-SUB port I bought an HDMI to DVI-D adapter and connected it to my laptop. On windows display settings the monitor shows up perfectly fine but the monitor itself only shows check signal cable. The issue isn't with the cable or with monitor since I tried connecting the device to other laptops and it works just fine.

The laptop I am using is Hp pavilion gaming laptop 15-cx0xxx, and it has a gtx 1050ti as dedicated gpu.Could the issue be because my laptop display is using integrated intel gpu and monitor using dedicated gpu ?
Any help would be much appreciated
Have you set the second screen ? You have a few option for your second screen like this.
Just for make sure.

4.png

Jun 30, 2020
Have you set the second screen ? You have a few option for your second screen like this.
Just for make sure.

4.png
yes, I tried those ... on extend the device thinks that other display is working and allows me to go off the screen to other display but the monitor only shows the error message. Same with duplicate option.

Jun 30, 2020
Try intel control panel graphics. Right click on dekstop, select graphic properties, select display
GUID-E041B482-ED1B-421E-A826-1D76D1B832B8-low.jpg
I couldn't access Intel Graphics Control Panel but I found Intel Graphics command center and opened that one ... this one shows both display but nothing else ... what am I supposed to do here ?

9gXU4W.png

I couldn't access Intel Graphics Control Panel but I found Intel Graphics command center and opened that one ... this one shows both display but nothing else ... what am I supposed to do here ?

9gXU4W.png
Maybe you can try update the driver, or the windows. Sometimes they are fixed with update.

Jun 30, 2020
Thanks for your help ... I ended up getting a new HDMI - VGA converter and used that to connect and somehow this connection works without any issue ... I guess there was some issue with HDMI-DVI-d connection between my laptop and monitor. Though the issue came up only in my laptop so I don't really understand much at what happened there.

Solution
Nice. I 'm not consider about change converter (since you said they work fine with another laptop). Anyway good for you.