[SOLVED] Second Display Screen Tearing

Feb 6, 2021
Hi all

I've run into an issue today where my second monitor (just acquired yesterday) has started to have violent screen tearing on the right and in parts across the whole of the monitor. It has been working fine since it was set up yesterday till beginning to have issues a few hours ago. The monitor is a 24" Acer EK1 1080p 75Hz 4ms Monitor, it is connected to my computer via an HDMI cable that came with the monitor. When the cable is plugged into another device it the monitor works fine and shows no screen tearing, however, when the same cable and HDMI port are used for my primary monitor (a 24" AOC Curved FreeSync Monitor) there are no issues which makes me doubt its an issue with the computer's HDMI port (the primary monitor is usually connected through a display port). The monitors are both plugged into an GeForce RTX 2070 Graphics Card.

If anyone has had the same issue and has a solution or knows of any steps I should take to narrow down the cause further it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If the screen tearing is happening only while plugged into your computer, you might need to revisit the PC's motherboard BIOS. Check and see that you're on the latest BIOS update, then make sure you're on the latest OS version(assuming you're on Windows 10).

You can use DDU to uninstall your existing drivers and then source the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site. Install the latest Nvidia drivers manually in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

As a last point, list the specs to your entire build including the PSU.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If the screen tearing is happening only while plugged into your computer, you might need to revisit the PC's motherboard BIOS. Check and see that you're on the latest BIOS update, then make sure you're on the latest OS version(assuming you're on Windows 10).

You can use DDU to uninstall your existing drivers and then source the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site. Install the latest Nvidia drivers manually in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

As a last point, list the specs to your entire build including the PSU.

Solution