Second GPU Weird undetected

kully00000

Prominent
Jul 2, 2017
So I recently purchased another 1080 ti for my system,
The RBG lights work fine, but that is it...
I reinstalled the drivers, this made it appear on the aorus graphic engine as well as GPU-Z where it did not previously appear.

I am a renderer and use the Daz3D software, this software only shows one of the cards and not the other.
When I click on both cards on GPU-Z I can see that they are running differently with different settings, for example; one card has CUDA enabled and "embeds a UEFI module" while the other does not.

Please help me someone, P.S english is not my first language

Using Windows 10
Gtx 1080 ti Aorus extreme x 2

EDIT: they also have different revision numbers - A1 and FF
I don't knoow what any of this means.
Oh, and I have a EVGA 850 watt P2

EDIT2: ok, so I had a look on device manager and found an exclamation mark on one of the cards. It says "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)".

EDIT3: I just noticed that there is a tiny white LED light on the actual graphics card chip on one of the cards. What could this mean?

EDIT4: Instead of using both cards at the same time I decided to try them one at a time to see if one of them was just faulty. Strangely enough, both worked fine by themselves so I assumed that it was a power problem...
After I did some more troubleshooting I found out that IT WAS NOT...
Then I tried swapping the GPU adapter things (since these cards use TWO 8-PIN CONNECTORS.Turns out one of them is broken...

SOLVED: I replaced the 8-pin adapters and now both of the cards run fine.

The white LED on the card means that it is powered. The second card may not be powered (check the PCIE power cable connections) or it may be off since windows deactivated the card.

kully00000

Prominent
Jul 2, 2017

Hi, the program itself can't use SLI but should be able to detect the second card still.

kully00000

Prominent
Jul 2, 2017

Hi, strangely enough the white LED only came on when there was a problem.

kully00000

Prominent
Jul 2, 2017

Hi, this was the closest reply to my solution, turns out one of the 8-pin adapters was faulty.