Question Second monitor graphics

Corgoi

Great
Apr 12, 2019
Hello. I wanna get a second monitor for my PC whoch will be lower res, hz and respons rate, which I will use will gaming on the main one for benchmarking, browsing, yt, or just letting it do nothing

I am not sure if i should plug it into the gpu or the onboard graphics, and my question is: what tells me which of the cpu and gpu works harder? So I will plug the monitor into the one that is less stressed while gaming. Is it the %usage? (CPU usage and GPU usage?)

WildCard999

Titan
Unless your doing something graphically intense on that second monitor the usage for either GPU or iGPU is pretty minimal. I use a 1600x900/60hz as secondary to a 2560x1080/75hz and see no performance dips using that secondary for web/YT or Netflix.

Corgoi

Great
Apr 12, 2019
Unless your doing something graphically intense on that second monitor the usage for either GPU or iGPU is pretty minimal. I use a 1600x900/60hz as secondary to a 2560x1080/75hz and see no performance dips using that secondary for web/YT or Netflix.
Which graphics output do you use for the second monitor?
In case of using the iGPU i've heard that watching videos while gaming can overheat vrms, which on an overclocked cpu, with a mb that doesn't have the best vrm heatsinks, is pretty bad

WildCard999

Titan
Which graphics output do you use for the second monitor?
In case of using the iGPU i've heard that watching videos while gaming can overheat vrms, which on an overclocked cpu, with a mb that doesn't have the best vrm heatsinks, is pretty bad
Both are hooked up to the GPU, my CPU (Ryzen 2600) lacks a iGPU but even if it didn't I would keep all my displays on the GPU.

I haven't heard that however if the motherboard doesn't have good vrms or lack thereof then they shouldn't be overclocking on that motherboard in the first place.