Question Second Monitor has no Signal after Graphics Card Change UNTIL I turn on the TV?!

chipsess0r97

Honorable
Jun 19, 2018
Hey, I recently upgraded from my MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z 8G to the ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4070 12GB GDDR6X OC Edition.

I have two Monitors connected to it via Displayport (ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ & iiyama G-MASTER G2730HSU-B1) and a TV via HDMI (LG OLED C2). Before everything was working fine, but after installing the new card, one of the monitors says it has no signal. The weird thing is that it gets a signal and wakes from sleep the second I turn on the TV. After that I can turn the TV off again and the monitor stays on.

This problem occurs after every cold boot (so after the pc was turned off for a while) but not after a restart or short boot.

I changed some cables and found out, that whatever monitor is connected to the primary displayport (the one left of the hmdi port) is the one that gets a signal after a cold boot and the one connected to either of the other two displayports gets no signal until I turn on the TV.

I thought I may got a card with faulty porty, but after sending it back and receiving a completely new ASUS TUF 4070, this problem persists. So it has to be another thing about my system. I also bought new Displayport 1.4 and HDMI 2.1 cables and this didn't fix it.

I don't have the problem when I put my old 2070 back in. So could it be a compatibility-issue with my other hardware? Mainboard, CPU, anything?

I feel like I'm going insane... thanks in advance :)

My System:

Intel Core i9-10900K

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3000MHz

ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4070 12GB GDDR6X OC Edition (before it was the MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z 8G)

Colif

Win 11 Master
Have you tried uninstalling the Nvidia drivers, unplug all but the primary monitors (leave TV unattached for now) and reinstall drivers?

I would take them off using DDU in safe mode, turn off PC after removing drivers, attach the 2 monitors, and boot back into windows and reinstall Nvidia drivers

it has to be drivers, i can't think of anything else.

This problem occurs after every cold boot (so after the pc was turned off for a while) but not after a restart or short boot.

It could be a driver that doesn't play nice with windows new power modes. Is this windows 10?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

can you take a screenshot from (and including)Driver name to (and including)Creation date.

upload it to an image sharing website and show link here

just wonder what might cause it to happen. Since its not all the time, it shouldn't be a startup program.