Question Second monitor no signal after sleep ?

Oct 28, 2021
I have a problem with my monitor. You cannot wake him up when he goes to sleep. Then the only option is WIN + P and set the second screen mode again. Laptop screen starts properly. Interestingly, the monitor wakes up when it is turned off for about 1-2 minutes, but after this period it cannot be woken up with the mouse. Another strange thing is that when I set my monitor to 60hz instead of 144hz the wake-up is fine. I checked the ability to wake the mouse in the device manager and updated the graphics card drivers. I tested the same monitor with another laptop also connected via HDMI, there is no problem. I also tried with a non-factory HDMI cable, but here the problem persists. Do you have any idea what the problem could be?

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Monitors: make and model?

Does the monitor have its' own power saver/sleep options?

Connectivity HDMI, DVI, DP) between laptop and monitor?

When using WIN+P you are intentionally choosing "Second screen only" - correct?

Does the problem continue if you use Duplicate or Extend?

Oct 28, 2021
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Monitors: make and model?

Does the monitor have its' own power saver/sleep options?

Connectivity HDMI, DVI, DP) between laptop and monitor?

When using WIN+P you are intentionally choosing "Second screen only" - correct?

Does the problem continue if you use Duplicate or Extend?
The monitor is GIGABYTE AORUS FI27Q, laptop is HP PAVILION GAMING 15
Monitor does not have sleep option
Connection over HDMI
WIN+P when only second screen its working correctly but my laptop screen is not used ( and i want to use it)
In dupicate everything working correctly (probably because lower resolution)
In extend i cannot wake up monitor.

Ralston18

Titan
Which screen (laptop or external monitor) is the Primary screen and which is Secondary?

If you right click an open area of the laptop's screen are you able to access the video control panel and/or display settings?

Do you see both displays listed? Try in Duplicate, Second screen only, and Extend.

Use the following link with "Methods" to learn more about the current configuration and specs:

https://www.top-password.com/blog/check-screen-resolution-in-windows-10/

The objective is to determine and verify if the hardware, software, and applicable configuration are indeed as you expect.

Oct 28, 2021
External monitor is the primary one. When i right click on the laptop's screen there is NVIDIA control panel and display settings.
Both displays are listed. Everything working fine on Duplicate and Second screen only but on extend the wake up is not working.
Everything is set correctly:
External monitor - 2560x1440 144hz via HDMI connected to NVIDIA GTX 1660TI Max-Q
Internal laptop's screen - 1920x1080 144hz connected to Intel UHD Graphics
What can be the reason of the problem with wake up?