Second Monitor not Detecting

FMLjonah

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017
I have recently purchased a second monitor and it is not being detected no matter how I plug it in. Both are asus monitors and I can get either monitor to work solely, but not together. I prefer to use my DVI cords, but I have tried HDMI and VGA as well. I seem to only detect DVI-HDMI by themselves, but never both.

I also updated my graphics card already while troubleshooting. It does not show a second monitor being detected at all.

EDIT: I've noticed only my bottom DVI port is working properly on my card. The top one does not seem to work for some reason. Both cords can be used as long as they are in the bottom port. VGI & HDMI are having issues as well.

My Build is a CyberPower PC. Its mostly a prebuilt from a friend.
Windows 10
i7-6700 Processor
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070

Any suggestions help and let me know if I can give more detail anywhere.

Solution
For both card and motherboard to provide signal, you have to enable it in BIOS. Look for a setting like multi-monitor and enable it.
"as the gtx 1070 only has one monitor output"
The card should have multiple video ports. Maybe they are covered with a plastic cap.

Fedcab

Commendable
Jan 17, 2017

Not the original asker, but I also have a prebuilt Cyberpower PC with a gtx 1070. My primary monitor is plugged into the video card, and as the gtx 1070 only has one monitor output, I am trying to connect the 2nd monitor to the mobo, and it is also not detecting the 2nd monitor.

For both card and motherboard to provide signal, you have to enable it in BIOS. Look for a setting like multi-monitor and enable it.
"as the gtx 1070 only has one monitor output"
The card should have multiple video ports. Maybe they are covered with a plastic cap.

Solution

FMLjonah

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017
I realized I was an idiot. I changed the bios originally for dual monitors, but after updating it, it went back to default. I merely needed to change the bios again after updating everything else and it was detected.

Thank you!