Question Second monitor not working after windows logo

phreeknova

Commendable
Feb 28, 2020
Hi guys, last night everything worked fine, turned off PC and went to sleep. Tonight i woke up with my Samsung SyncMaster SA300 monitor which is hooked on display port not working. My LG Flatron W2242T hooked on HDMI works. Whenever i restart PC i see the windows logo on the Samsung, and after that only the LG works. Pc does not detect other monitors. I had drivers card update, installed it , nothing changed, Samsung is still on stand by.I tried switching display ports as well. Tried running SAFE MODE and Samsung[on display port] was working on it! When switching back to normal mode only LG[HDMI port] works. I tried restoring system point rolling few days back, but that didn't help either. Tried rolling back video card drivers - that didn't help either. Sadly i have only 1 HDMI port and 3 display ports on my video card with no internal GPU from motherboard, so switching around is not an option for me. My PC specs can be found below :

GPU : GTX 1060 3 GB
RAM : 8 GB
CPU : i5 3470, 3,2 ghz.

Jan 10, 2020
The only thing i can think of is to check if you're projecting to both screens. So on the task bar click on the notification area and on the bottom left is the project buttom. Click that and select extend display or duplicate and see if that works. It definitely seems like a software issue that i'm sure of.

Jan 10, 2020
You can try to DDU and install the drivers on a clean system. Windows update likes to mess up drivers sometimes like. That's your best bet i'd say. For best resutls boot into safe mode then run DDU

phreeknova

Commendable
Feb 28, 2020
Here is report of what happened :

Downloaded DDU and ran it in safe mode[In same mode as I said the odd things is that only the Samsung monitor works, so what i mean is that only display port monitor works in safe mode].

I cleaned everything[all nvidia options] and did a restart, after witch did another one and exited Safe mode. Now something really weird - when i was out of safe mode and without any driver since DDU wiped them, only the samsung was working!! However, as i was installing the latest Nvidia drivers, as the driver was about midway, the other monitor[LG} woke up aswell, picture shifted there, Samsung went black and that was it. Also after restart same thing happens as always - windows logo on Samsung, then goes black and all picture is on LG, no second monitor detected.

phreeknova

Commendable
Feb 28, 2020
Also what happened now is i went into bios and advanced graphics settings, and made the monitor igpu and turned on setting for dual monitor on igpu and after restart now Samsung monitor does not even show the windows logo, also if i try to go into BIOS, there is no way for seeing anything as previous BIOS settings were displayed on Samsung, now i have black scren on both UNTIL i get logged into windows - then LG only turns on. I tried unplugging, changing places of cables and everything else. Now it has gone from bad to worse ;(

My motherboard if matters is asus p8h61-m lx.

Jan 10, 2020
Also what happened now is i went into bios and advanced graphics settings, and made the monitor igpu and turned on setting for dual monitor on igpu and after restart now Samsung monitor does not even show the windows logo, also if i try to go into BIOS, there is no way for seeing anything as previous BIOS settings were displayed on Samsung, now i have black scren on both UNTIL i get logged into windows - then LG only turns on. I tried unplugging, changing places of cables and everything else. Now it has gone from bad to worse ;(

My motherboard if matters is asus p8h61-m lx.
Maybe you should do some digging around in the nvidia settings for dual monitor setups. As for the boot screen you can restart the uefi setting (clear cmos if you can't see anything) and everything should be back to normal or connect one of the monitors to the motherboard hdmi ports. It's definitely the drivers problem but i'm not an nvidia user so i can't tell you exactly what.