Second monitor ON and detected but not displaying

lakram

Prominent
Mar 15, 2017
I've been using my AOC monitor through the HDMI port for a while now using a HDMI to VGA adapter and for the last tow weeks it doesn't seem to be working at all , i've tried everything i can think of (updated all drivers changing resolutins for both pc and monitor and chaging graphics configurations for both ) and i got nothing.
notice that my monitor is ON and i can move my mouse across the tow monitors and i can take screen shots for both

http://i.imgur.com/UXCDHuy.jpg

I'm using
dell insipron 3537
Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
System Memory - 8 GB
CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz
Intel HD Graphics 4400 Family

lakram

Prominent
Mar 15, 2017

second monitor black but it's ON showing a blue light (blue light when ON and orange light in no signal mode ) and yeah it's in the right input and i only have one HDMI output in my dell laptop
and for the cables i've been trying them around on my desktop and my TV and they are all working just fine both the adapter and the monitor :/
so any other ideas PS: em using a AOC w831 model

lakram

Prominent
Mar 15, 2017

no it doesn't it only have a 1 VGA port and the PC 1 HDMI and em using an adapter HDMI to VGA
and it's not a TV it's a basic Desktop manitor and i was using it on my Desktop for a while ...

lakram

Prominent
Mar 15, 2017

i've tried playing with the setting and reseting the setting but nothing changed still black

Oct 21, 2018
I got them same problem here. I am using an GTX 1070ti and both monitors must be connected with the GPU because the AMD 7 1700 doesn't have an internal GPU. The hdmi is working, but My 2nd monitor (Display Port) is detected but no signal, black screen and can move the mouse forward.