[SOLVED] Second NVME no longer being detected by Bios or Windows

ceriumhk

Honorable
Jul 25, 2014
Hi all

My PC was restarting with Kernel Power Error 41 so often to the point where it was unusable, so I've been testing various components, reset the bios to default and formatting my boot NVME to start from scratch. I've got to reasonable stability (still about 1 crash per day), however, the bios no longer detects the second NVME drive. It was working fine before, I never took it out or changed anything about the drives as I doubted the crashes had anything to do with them. It just shows "not present" now, and I'm not sure how to fix it. I have no other SSDs or drives plugged in, both drives are NVME, and both were working before reinstalling Windows.

MOBO: B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
M2_1: Crucial P1 500gb (working)
M2_2: Intel 660p 1tb (not detected)

Any help would be appreciated.

Is your version of Windows now 2004? There have been problems with this latest version update.
Have you tried switching the drives to the opposite M.2 socket to see if it's the drive that is not working or the M.2 socket?
Have you checked Device Manager for any yellow warning signs?
Have you updated your motherboard to the latest PIDE/SATA Drivers and System & Chipset Drivers?

ceriumhk

Honorable
Jul 25, 2014
Is your version of Windows now 2004? There have been problems with this latest version update.
Yes, should I roll back?
Have you checked Device Manager for any yellow warning signs?
I have, there's nothing there.
Have you updated your motherboard to the latest PIDE/SATA Drivers and System & Chipset Drivers?
Chipset is updated. While attempting to update the SATA drivers I got another Kernel Power 41 error and the system restarted (no BSOD). Still at a loss about that...
Have you tried switching the drives to the opposite M.2 socket to see if it's the drive that is not working or the M.2 socket?
I did this, and it turns out the Intel drive is still working. Does that mean for certain that the socket isn't working or could it still be a driver/software issue?

TRENDING THREADS