Question Second Prebuilt from NZXT having issues

cblefty21

Commendable
Apr 11, 2018
Hi, I am having issues with my prebuilt from NZXT BLD. I had the same issue with the first PC I ordered, and I returned it. I bought this one after a refund hoping it would be issue free, but issues seem to still be prevalent. Basically, I've played Rainbow 6 Siege on both computers, and it seems to be underperforming. This issue only developed a few days after having each PC. I am very frustrated and contemplating quitting gaming. So my question is, other than my FPS feeling low for my computer, why does it say I have 90-100% CPU usage with about 50% GPU Usage? Another thing to note is that changing my settings in game literally seems to do nothing in terms of FPS, ultra or low, my FPS remains the same. My FPS is on average about 170 but dips to 130s a lot and this is frustrating because I am running 144hz. Could I be the unluckiest gamer in the world with two problematic PCs? Or does this sound like a different issue, or not an issue at all.

Thanks,
An OCD-stricken suffering gamer.

CPU: i5-9600k
GPU: RTX 2060 Super

144 FPS gaming can be quite challenging, especially on newer games....(many use 2080S or 2080Ti for the newest games)

The 9600K's 6 threads might not be optimal for maintaining the highest FPS throughout the game, as many of the 8c or even 6c/12 designs have much better minimums. In any event, high CPU usage is fact of life for the 6c/6t CPUs, especially so with stronger GPUs...

GPU usage might vary well hover near only 50% normally if playing primarily at 1080P, as much of the 2060's VRAM frame buffer is likely unused unless at higher resolution/levels of detail/quality

Reactions: cblefty21

cblefty21

Commendable
Apr 11, 2018
What conflicts me though is that NZXT says my computer should be getting roughly 205 fps on ultra settings and other websites say the RTX
2060 Super should get around 245 on low settings. This does not seem to be the case for me in Rainbow Six Siege. With the info of my processor,
does my computer appear to be “normal” then? Another issue in itself is nothing seems to fix my screen tearing except for vsync. Even fast sync makes my game still feel choppy. I guess what I am trying to say is, should I keep this PC or return it. (I’m so sorry for the difficulty i’m just trying to appease my OCD 🙁).

Thank you so much for your response. It means so much to me and goes a long way.

cblefty21

Commendable
Apr 11, 2018
144 FPS gaming can be quite challenging, especially on newer games....(many use 2080S or 2080Ti for the newest games)

The 9600K's 6 threads might not be optimal for maintaining the highest FPS throughout the game, as many of the 8c or even 6c/12 designs have much better minimums. In any event, high CPU usage is fact of life for the 6c/6t CPUs, especially so with stronger GPUs...

GPU usage might vary well hover near only 50% normally if playing primarily at 1080P, as much of the 2060's VRAM frame buffer is likely unused unless at higher resolution/levels of detail/quality
Is this normal?