[SOLVED] Secondary Drive (I:) Not Appearing

Feb 4, 2020
Hi folks - not sure if this is the right area to post but thought I would give it a go.

Last week I decided to replace my previous Samsung EVO SSD with a terabyte version. Initially I was a bit silly and placed in the new SSD thinking I could just switch and install but eventually followed the proper procedures and cloned my old SSD onto my new SSD. I have a hard drive that acts as a secondary drive (I:/) and that is a Seagate HDD that is a terabyte too. All appeared to be working fine for the Friday and the weekend, no problems in my computer recognizing my hard drive until last night when I get in from work.

My :I Drive has totally disappeared. I mean disappeared. It does not show up on Disk Management, Disk Defragment, on This PC and the section under Disk Management where you can remap/path your drives. I have tried every mode of troubleshooting under the sun and I can find no trace of the drive. I even checked the SATA connection to be sure and all seems clipped in and fine.

The strange thing is that my Desktop apps/games downloaded onto my I Drive register that they have been registered to that drive, but bizarrely, some of the games and documents on my I drive have been moved straight onto my new SSD.

Can anybody advise/suggest a fix?

Solution
...but bizarrely, some of the games and documents on my I drive have been moved straight onto my new SSD.
Double check Disk Management that your C: is sttill the new 1tb .
If the new 1tb drive disappeared then your system would boot off the old C: drive

In addition to the Bios, Also check storage spaces in windows and make sure someone didn't make the drive part of a pool.
Feb 4, 2020
I'm not at my computer at the moment.

But if the answer was yes, would that give you an idea of any potential solutions? Conversely, if the answer was no?

popatim

Titan
...but bizarrely, some of the games and documents on my I drive have been moved straight onto my new SSD.
Double check Disk Management that your C: is sttill the new 1tb .
If the new 1tb drive disappeared then your system would boot off the old C: drive

In addition to the Bios, Also check storage spaces in windows and make sure someone didn't make the drive part of a pool.

Solution