Question Secondary drives not accessible

Jul 13, 2020
Hi, hope someone can help me here. I am running W10 on desktop with C: and OS and programs on an SSD. There are another additional 2 WD 3TB drives configured under W10 Storage Spaces mirrored. A few days ago, the Storage drives ceased to be visible. I unplugged them and rebooted without them, then reconnect and rebooted. At first I got "inaccesible Boot device" error each time I bootup with secondary drive connected but otherwise bootup with SSD only. After a couple of times, I opted for windows repair and it managed to boot up. But the 2 drives are still not visible in Explorer and Disk Management (virtual). They are visible by the Bios during bootup and visible when I run Device Manager and also when I run a WD Diagnostics but otherwise not visible. I have checked for latest drivers as well. I haven't tried uninstalling device drivers and let windows re-install them on reboot. And I haven't taken out the secondary drives and plug them into a USB docking station - that was going to be my next step. I am assuming that they would still be able to be viewed as a normal windows formatted drive.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, guys

Jul 13, 2020
Do they show up in storage spaces?
Thanks for responding.
They show up in storage spaces as one of the drive is in error and recommend replacing. However, I wasn't sure because when I disconnect one drive after the other they both stop me from booting up - I get the Inaccessible Boot Device error. I am worried about losing my data - before I try anything I want to pull the data out first. Will the "good" drive be readeable by a USB docking device if I pull it out?

Jul 13, 2020
Yes it will if it was a mirrored pair.
Thanks for replying.

It seem not. I just tried it and it does not show up at all. Windows must have written something on to the drive to prevent it from being recognised by Explorer or disk manager.

Any other suggestions? Maybe a hd recovery tool?