Question Secondary HDMI port on graphics card is not working, plus other problems ?

Apr 27, 2024
The secondary HDMI port on my Saphire Nitro + RX 5700 XT has stopped working, along with the sound through the first ( and presumably second hdmi) port the lights on the fans also don't work (fans spin, which the adrenalin software has it set to not spin unless under load).

It's a prebuilt HP desktop with minor upgrades-
https://support.hp.com/us-en/produc...ktop-pc-590-p0000a/model/23574830?sku=4LY93AA
^Im fairly certain this is the model Imagery matches etc.

i5-8400
32 GB ram
Lincus mobo LGA1151_CFL
a Corsair RME 850w psu, (the original psu is not hooked up and didn't cause any problems when I removed it at the time, I use a jumper to turn it on)

I've had this problem before, normally it would just go away by itself after a couple hours but its been a few days.
I currently have it just sitting on the desk, as the case was to small for the rx 5700xt, and my other cases mobo standoffs dont match.
The adrenalin software also stops working, and says the drivers or are wrong, and windows says the card is not working properly in device manager.
It happened while the computer was running.

It fixed itself while reinstalling adrenaline, would still love more infomation if anyone knows.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I've had this problem before, normally it would just go away by itself after a couple hours but its been a few days.
You might want to stop running that GPU in that hotbox since you're making it run beyond spec.

a Corsair RME 850w psu, (the original psu is not hooked up and didn't cause any problems when I removed it at the time, I use a jumper to turn it on)
Can you elaborate?

It fixed itself while reinstalling adrenaline, would still love more infomation if anyone knows.
Driver corruption perhaps, you use DDU to remove all drivers, then manually reinstall in an elevated command with the latest.

Apr 27, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to stop running that GPU in that hotbox since you're making it run beyond spec.

Can you elaborate?

Driver corruption perhaps, you use DDU to remove all drivers, then manually reinstall in an elevated command with the latest.
what do you mean making it run beyond spec?

The oem motherboard does have a 24pin atx connector, and so I use a jumper to turn on the psu with the mobo (I found the pin layout online and used that)

I did use DDU.

the problem was preceded with both of my screens going green along with a buzzing noise. and apon restarting it.
The problem happened again this time in reverse where the first hdmi port isnt working but the second is, BUT when booting it displays the HP load screen on the first monitor and than it has the start menu on the second, and inside windows it doesnt detect a second display.
I dont have any Display port cables to test those to ports though.

(the gpu was at 44 degrees when I rebooted)

The problem once again fixed itself by reinstalling adrenalin.

Last edited: