Secondary streaming PC

laukinis60

Prominent
Dec 7, 2017
Hello guys.
I was wondering about building a secondary PC.

Specs would be something like:
CPU: Ryzen 2200G/2400G
GPU: would be added later.
RAM: 8gb(more would be added later)
PSU: 450-550W.
Mobo: b350 series.

Q1: Would something like this would be enough to stream from it and game on a main machine?
Q2: Would it be better to stream from i7 (main rig) and game on ryzen?

Main rig:
CPU: i7-3770s
RAM: 8GB
GPU: 1060 3GB.
Mobo: ASRock something(not important I guess)
PSU: 550W

Q3: Or would it be better all together to sell main rig and build one PC with something like ryzen 1700x and stream+game on it all together?

Reasons for this question are that: I really want to try out a ryzen system and streaming with two PC's seems fun experience (I know I'll need capture card ect.) also I'm a bit hesitant to sell my main ring as it was my first built PC and it works like a charm. In almost two years I had 0 problems with it ;))

Solution

A 2400g is a bit better than your 3770s. Streaming with 2 pc's is quite nice once setup properly since it's basically plug a source in and you are good to go.

Solution
2 pc is better than 1 pc. Streaming will occupy quite a lot of resources if only 1 pc. A good guide by James Mason: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3299336/building-dedicated-streaming.html

In short, a streaming pc does not need to be very powerful.

Question for you: What games do you play? Are you happy with the FPS? Budget on the upgrade/2nd pc? Living in US? What monitor do you have? You will want to buy 2nd monitor if you don't have 2 yet.

You may end up reusing your gpu and build a new gaming pc and use old I7 as streaming pc.

laukinis60

Prominent
Dec 7, 2017
Well as for parts and budget I will handle it my self as ryzen does not have many choices I won't lose my self in them :pP
Just curious if 2200G or 2400G would be enough>
Why I'm looking specifically at those two? Because I won't afford a new GPU for a while :))
As for monitors.. I have two :pP even tho' secondary is lame.. it will get the job done until future upgrades ;))

As for FPS graphics and all that..

1080p, 60 or more. Medium or better graphics ;))

As for games... all kinds of games can't specify really (not thinking about PUGB... that is clear ;)) don't really like that)

So from what I understand secondary PC would be good enough with 2400G ryzen? :))

Maybe last question would be.. if a streaming PC has monitor which can't run 1080p. Would it be able to stream at that resolution?

Also thanks for a guide ;)) I'll look into it in time :p

Topic still open for a discussion even tho' I probably got what I needed ;))

second screen resolution doesn't matter, it is the signal/data you upload that matters.

For budget, I will do this:

take out 1060 3gb, plug the monitor cable into motherboard, and your old pc is streaming pc.

Gaming pc:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor ($176.27 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard ($77.29 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($94.99 @ Newegg Business)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($43.85 @ OutletPC)
Case: Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400 TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $487.38
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-04-10 13:50 EDT-0400