Question Secure boot enable doesn't let me boot

Jul 25, 2024
Hello,

Recently, I enabled Secure Boot and TPM in the BIOS, and now my PC won't boot. It doesn't show any image and repeatedly starts and shuts off every 10 seconds.

I have tried clearing the CMOS, shorting the reset pins, removing RAM, using a different GPU, and connecting to different monitors, but nothing has worked. I read about dual BIOS functionality and verified that my motherboard supports it. I want to try some other troubleshooting steps before considering a new motherboard.

Here are my PC specs:

- Motherboard: GA-H110M-DS2
- CPU: i5-7400
- GPU: RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+
- RAM: 8 GB HyperX
- HDD: 1 TB
- PSU: 650W

What else can I try to resolve this issue?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hello,

Recently, I enabled Secure Boot and TPM in the BIOS, and now my PC won't boot. It doesn't show any image and repeatedly starts and shuts off every 10 seconds.

I have tried clearing the CMOS, shorting the reset pins, removing RAM, using a different GPU, and connecting to different monitors, but nothing has worked. I read about dual BIOS functionality and verified that my motherboard supports it. I want to try some other troubleshooting steps before considering a new motherboard.

Here are my PC specs:

- Motherboard: GA-H110M-DS2
- CPU: i5-7400
- GPU: RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+
- RAM: 8 GB HyperX
- HDD: 1 TB
- PSU: 650W

What else can I try to resolve this issue?
Remove the video card and boot back in BIOS using the motherboard graphics, that should let you change it back.

Jul 25, 2024
I tried removing it, but it still doesn't work. There's no image, just a black screen. Should I try ghost access to the BIOS?

Secure boot only allows your windows install to boot on the exact same motherboard configuration that it was installed on.
Your TPM option made it different.
Either remove TPM, reinstall windows, or remove secure boot.