Question Secure boot

Sep 30, 2022
Hi sorry for my english but I'm not native. I got this problem with secure boot that there is no options at all in my BIOS. I need to enable it for FIFA23 according to their support. Spec: i5 3570k Bios 0237 / 8.0.2.1410 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v le
I tryed to download newest BIOS from ASUS website but when i tried to flash it in BIOS it says "update security verification failed" Soo I gave up because idk where can I find newest BIOS that gonna work I don't wanna break my PC. Its not like grayed out there is no option at all. I running both legacy and UEFI if it does matter. When I try switch to UEFI only my pc freezing on screen where u press button to open bios and not lauching. When I checking msinfo32 its says secure boot disabled soo there got to be way to enable it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
the only safe place to get the bios would be Asus.
Perhaps try using a different USB drive.

can you do me a favour, can you right click start in windows 10
choose disk management
expand the next window to show all details of top/bottom screens
take a screen shot and upload to an image sharing website and show link here.

its not just a matter of turning secure boot on. If your drives are formatted as MBR, the pc won't boot unless we change that first.

Sep 30, 2022
Disks are GPT
disk.jpg

and that what says bios version
bios.jpg

I got this problem with secure boot that there is no options at all in my BIOS.
That's correct. I wonder if the motherboard is not just too old to have Secure boot at all. Note that there are no fTPM settings in BIOS either. Last mobo manual on ASUS site is dated on 2013 and it does not mention Secure Boot either, and none of the BIOS versions that are newer then this manual mention anything that could be related to Secure boot.

Sep 30, 2022
The thing is that on screen there its says "Secure boot : disabled" and what I seen ppl got "secure boot : unsupported" if there is no secure boot option at all.

That's correct. I wonder if the motherboard is not just too old to have Secure boot at all. Note that there are no fTPM settings in BIOS either. Last mobo manual on ASUS site is dated on 2013 and it does not mention Secure Boot either, and none of the BIOS versions that are newer then this manual mention anything that could be related to Secure boot.
it should be there, it was required for win 8
tpm is not needed for secure boot, measure boot needs tpm

Except when this board was made it was Win7 era.
well it was made in 2012, which is a lettle tad below win8, but bios updates were up to 2014 including win8 compatibility
win10 requires atleast uefi 2.3.1 errata C (2012) to have valid

manuals mentioned above have pictures from 2011, online searches shows secure boot options under boot menu

he just needs to update bios

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2022
I'll try to do it for now I'm gonna try instal windows on diffrent pc with i7 4930k , and check if FIFA works there if not I'll back to your tips @DRagor I'm really greatfull that you are soo kind guys give me a bit time for now my aurora fans goin crazy and idk if its because I havent touch it for over year or whats goin on :D

Sep 30, 2022
ok thanks a lot for everything guys I'm really greatfull for help from all of you. I fixed it myself on 2nd PC but my FIFA23 still doesnt launch I belived that secure boot was the reason but its still no lauching without any error or crashlog.

ok thanks a lot for everything guys I'm really greatfull for help from all of you. I fixed it myself on 2nd PC but my FIFA23 still doesnt launch I belived that secure boot was the reason but its still no lauching without any error or crashlog.
after fifa closes, opevn event viewer, on left side open windows logs - application
fifa app should be mentioned therre with crash error code

other than that, you can join others with fifa 23 not launching here
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Fifa-23-PC-not-launching/td-p/11844361

Sep 30, 2022
yea eventview showing only anticheat errors that I fixed already. I follow all topics on this forum but can't fix it since last Monday. Soo sad , it doesn't matter what PC you got thousands ppl got problem to launch this game.