Securifi Almond wifi range extender

Maybe read the manual ?

This is one of those devices that claim to make thing simpler but all they do it put some custom interface on the configuration. This means it is so different from most other common devices you would have to find someone who had used one. Then since it is gui you would almost have to find a youtube video for someone to tell you.

Maybe you should return it and tell them it was not easy to setup like they claim.

The term "range extender" is used very generically and it depends what you intend to do. There really is no magic solution to increase wifi range. The distance the signal goes from your router is generally a function of the transmission power and that is set by the government and almost all router transmit near the maximum.

If you intend to run it as a repeater then you need to properly place the device where it can get good signal from the main router. Be aware running a wireless repeater greatly degrades your signals.

Maybe but they are really designed to be used to connect 2 location outdoors. When you use them indoors your signals are most affected by the walls and stuff. It is impossible to predict how much signal a wall can absorb. Look at a microwave oven, it runs on the same 2.4g radio frequencies as WiFi. It run 1000 times stronger and you can still see your food though the glass door but no signal passes though the treated glass.

Be careful when you buy bridge devices like that. The one you link is a 5g device your router must also have 5g. Also 5g is absorb by walls more easily than 2.4g.

bigrak

Reputable
Jan 18, 2017
I am currently using the Securify range extender on my window sill that receives the best Wifi signaled hot spot which is about 120' away.
https://www.securifi.com/almond This signal within my house is good. But the wifi internet speed is not. I am trying to boost the incoming signal to the Securify.
I saw this :
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16... and ordered it and wonder if mounted outside and connected to the Securify if it would give me faster internet speed?

There is no clear answer all you can do is try it. Way too many variables to know. It will definitely work better than the putting your device in the window. If you can actually see the remote wifi device your chances are much better since the outdoor bridges are designed to work in clear line of sight. If you are receiving a reflected signal or any other form of indirect signal it may work worse.

Again be very sure you pick the correct radio frequency. Outdoor bridge devices and not dual band in most cases. They only run on 2.4 or 5g so it must match the remote radio source you want to pick up.