Security Audit Finds Critical Vulnerabilities In VeraCrypt, TrueCrypt’s Main Successor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimonajane

Commendable
May 24, 2016
Truecrypt abruptly shut down after men in black trench coats (fascist FEDS) visited the. VeraCrypt has security vulnerabilities just like MS does with Windows probably because of the NSA and trying to get back doors built in for the fascist FED. Will they admit it, not if they want to continue breathing.

heliomphalodon

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
I don't expect any commonly-available encryption software to secure my data against attacks from nation-states. I'll be happy if it keeps my data out of the hands of ordinary thieves.

phantomferrari

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
This really shouldnt come as a shock to anyone. No matter How much time, money, and effort you spend on securing a product if someone/government wants to access your files and they have the means there will always be an exploit. Its just the nature of the beast

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006

Wrong. They shut down because the people making TrueCrypt got bored with the software development process. Yes the feds had visited the TrueCrypt developers in the past but the TrueCrypt developers had told them in no uncertain terms "GTFO, we are not doing anything illegal by making security software even if it is security software that you cannot hack or is hard for you to hack!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS