[SOLVED] Security DVR on Network

flirtybunny2000

Honorable
Apr 8, 2015
I have connected my security DVR via Ethernet to my router. When I log into the router it sees it as an unknown Ethernet device and it has an IP. Neither of my PC's, wireless desktop (Win7), and laptop (Win10) can see it on the network. Both PC's can ping the DVR. The DVR uses Media Port 9000 and Web Port 80 by default. I have Win settings for sharing (PC's can see each other). I run Norton 360 and looked at the settings for sharing and everything looks good. Is this a port problem or a Win problem? Thanks!!

Solution
What "problem" do you think you have. The dvr likely is not running windows file shares so it will not appear as a windows box. You would have to access it via the web interface or whatever application it has that allows access via port 9000.
What "problem" do you think you have. The dvr likely is not running windows file shares so it will not appear as a windows box. You would have to access it via the web interface or whatever application it has that allows access via port 9000.

Solution

flirtybunny2000

Honorable
Apr 8, 2015
Adding to what bill001g posted, if you can ping its IP from any of the systems, then they actually can communicate with it.
Last night I loaded the software for the camera system on my laptop. I started fiddling around with the settings in the software and suddenly I had live streaming from a couple of cameras. I guess I was good all along. I expected the DVR to show up and now it makes sense from the comment above. I went in and looked at my devices again, and now it shows the 3 cameras that I selected to view live from laptop.
I can view through the KView software that came with the cameras but can't see anything when I type in the IP address of the DVR in the browser. Have tried Edge and FireFox. I'm not sure what I'm suppose to see if the browser worked. The KView software is not great which I will keep in mind the next time I buy a camera system--I plan to expand! Thanks for the input.

TRENDING THREADS