See New Rage Screenshots, E3 Demonstration

Status
Not open for further replies.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
I watched some of the demo videos on IGN that came from E3. The game looks a lot like a cross between Doom 3 and Borderlands. The vehicular combat and wasteland setting particularly remind me of borderlands. But the indoor fighting has that Doom feeling to it.

Only time will tell if this is something spectacular. It definitely has caught my eye though.

decepticon

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
Honestly, I don't really see anything revolutionary. This better get a lot better in time. Also, I wanna see what kind of specs you are going to need to run it. The GFX look good....but that's about it. FPS's have gone stale.

G

Oh perfect.....another great game that will probably be a console port for us PC players. Anyone reminded of COD:MW2.

captainnemojr

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
I'm looking more forward to Doom 4 supposedly going to be talked about at QuakeCon this year.

And what happened to the perks of having a PC...i.e. special PC-only stuff (not just eye candy). The new Medal of Honor gets PS3 exclusive crap, and the prices of PC games are now up to $60 when released for nothing extra. None of those franchises would be here if it wasn't for the original PC players who bought the first versions to give them the money to expand to consoles. They seem to forget about it and blame it on piracy schmiracy. PCs have the hardware to be perpetually "Next Gen" because they're so easily upgradeable.

G

This had better not be a console port to PC. I refuse to buy any of that crap.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
It is hard to get excited about a console driven game like this one when games like Fallout and Borderlands that are so similar have been out for a long time now and everyone has had time to play and enjoy.

Impulse Fire911

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009
talk about hardocre coding. 60 fps on the xbox with those insane grafix? pc version should run even more awesome. also, Quake 4 looks insane and cant wait for that but hving the level editor in rage is awesome as weel :)

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
Well... I'm excited, personally. It looks like a solid FPS, it's not that irritating style of Borderlands that I didn't like, and while Fallout is cool, it's not a solid FPS at all.

I love post apocalyptic. And this is the one I think I've been waiting for. Also, if you check dates, RAGE was announced before Borderlands, so it's not 'just a copy', they've been working on this before Borderlands was known about, and obviously Fallout isn't something that was surprising, nor did it ever look like a frenetic FPS.

tl;dr I'm excited, let's go.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I don't see what was so exciting about that demo. It looks like a good first person shooter but you have to be a little more than "good" these days to move units. FPS competition is outrageous at the moment and from what I saw from that video it would not be a 'buy' for me. Hopefully they have more to show and the multi-player is awesome because I didn't see anything revolutionary or exciting that would make me want to buy the game. I could care less about visuals. Visuals do not make a game more exciting.

rocky1234

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2008
I am actually looking forward to this I just hope the PC version has a lot of extra in the graphics department over the xbox360 & PS3 versions. To hose that say oh great yet another FPS. If you do not like FPS then do not buy it but there are millions of people that do like them I am one of them.
As long as they are good & got a lot of play content then it is all good. There are how ever a lot of bad ones out there as well.

[citation][nom]captainnemojr[/nom]I'm looking more forward to Doom 4 supposedly going to be talked about at QuakeCon this year. And what happened to the perks of having a PC...i.e. special PC-only stuff (not just eye candy). The new Medal of Honor gets PS3 exclusive crap, and the prices of PC games are now up to $60 when released for nothing extra. None of those franchises would be here if it wasn't for the original PC players who bought the first versions to give them the money to expand to consoles. They seem to forget about it and blame it on piracy schmiracy. PCs have the hardware to be perpetually "Next Gen" because they're so easily upgradeable.[/citation]

Let's not DRM which are a huge hassle preventing me from buying a lot of games... stupid Games For WIndows Live... I was alright with Steam because it was designed for a purpose of promoting games... but Games for Windows Live...???

Also, why should I need an internet connection for playing an offline game...? The industry is really turning me off!

chaosgs

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
"Running on an actual xbox 60 frames locked you find the same performance as a ps3 to pc its gonna be what the hell happened there tim".

Whoopity do dah its being played on an "actual Xbox". So your bashing the game cause it doesnt even max the weakest console xbox?

My first impression is its a Turok/Duke Nukem wanna be. Graphics are ok but not breath taking, Combat is WEAK, Only plus i like is the ammo type which is a complete copy of Bioshock. Way to go bethesda your going down the crapper. But before You go out of business please give me my Oblivion 5. Fallout which is Decent (My rating 7/10) and Oblivion (9.5/10).

Games are going down hill.
I have to mention my favorite games of all time.
The Legend of the Dragoon
Duke Nukem
Xenosaga
Oblivion IV
Warcraft III
Mega Man X
BattleField 2
Time Splitters 2

vaskodogama

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2008
if you ask me, this is just a one boring killing-blood-go_forward game. borderlands seems much more fun and doom3 looks more frightening!

b23h

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009
I'm eagerly awaiting "Rage" despite all the wankers on this site and other sites. It is a MUST BUY for me. If you don't like it, don't buy it... I expect it will sell quite nicely despite all the whinning.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]b23h[/nom]I'm eagerly awaiting "Rage" despite all the wankers on this site and other sites. It is a MUST BUY for me. If you don't like it, don't buy it... I expect it will sell quite nicely despite all the whinning.[/citation]You seem pretty experienced picking out wankers.

b23h

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009

We are talking about an Id game with a new engine. I see your earlier comment was "Wow, another FPS... how creative!". So my suggestion to you is write Id and tell them how to create a new game style.

It looks good to me and I plan on buying it.

b23h

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009
If I had to pick between the opinions of Kevin Pereira and Adam Sessler as to how excited they are about Rage, and the opinions of what sounds like a chorus of whinning in these comments, I'll go with Adam's statement that of what he saw at E3 this year he was most excited about Rage. I second the motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.