[SOLVED] Seeking advice, are the components for my custom build compatible?

Datwomey

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2014
Hi guys,

I'm a small time amateur PC enthusiast who built his first PC with the help of a more experienced friend a few years back, and have now been asked by my girlfriend to put together a custom build for her too. I've got a build together that fits her needs and exists within our budget, I'm just wondering if anyone could let me know if all of my chosen parts are compatible? Any advice would be appreciated as we would like to purchase today with Black Friday sales still going strong :]

Case - Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower Case
CPU- AMD Ryzen 5 2600X w/ Wraith Spire Cooler
GPU- GIgabyte GTX 1070 8GB VRAM
MOBO- MIS B450 Gaming Plus Max
Wi-Fi Card- Gigabyte GC-WB1733D-I, measures 21 x 14.8 x 5.6 cm and is the V5.0-1733MBps model.
RAM- Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz 2x8GB
PSU- Corsair CX Series 650W Plus Bronze
SSD- Western Digital 3D NAND Internal 2.5 Inch SATA 500GB

No disk drive as we're going with USB OS install.
Any responses appreciated, speedy responses doubly so.

Thank you all kindly in advance.

Last edited:
Solution
Except wifi card I see no problems, quite standard. its not that this card will not work, I just have no idea about wifi card.
as you dont post exact model, check length of GPU, that tower is small, but not very small one.

Datwomey

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2014
Except wifi card I see no problems, quite standard. its not that this card will not work, I just have no idea about wifi card.
as you dont post exact model, check length of GPU, that tower is small, but not very small one.
Thanks so much for your response.
The wifi card measures 21 x 14.8 x 5.6 cm and is the V5.0-1733MBps model.
I'll update the original post to reflect this.
The case measures 18cm across and the GPU at that same angle is less than 12cm it should be fine yes?
Thanks again.

Reactions: Rdslw
Thanks so much for your response.
The wifi card measures 21 x 14.8 x 5.6 cm and is the V5.0-1733MBps model.
I'll update the original post to reflect this.
The case measures 18cm across and the GPU at that same angle is less than 12cm it should be fine yes?
Thanks again.
+3-4 cm for mounting or you will swear a lot while building. in your case, seems fine.
I did one build with 1 cm of clearance, had to buy the longest screwdriver I've seen from other side of the town.