[SOLVED] Seeking advice on reducing input lag while gaming with a triple 4k monitor setup.

Jan 27, 2021
Hi! Long time lurker, first time poster.
I love my setup. However, I'm having a lot of issues with input lag whenever I play a game. Especially If I’m streaming. I believe that this may be due to strain on the GPU.

I currently have a triple monitor setup. (All 50in 4k Roku TLC) Each TV is in Game Mode, which according to the description, should reduce input lag. However, I'm still having issues.

Whenever I put my displays in 1080p they're very fuzzy/blurry (due to 4k tv). However, the input lag is virtually gone.

I realize now that this may have been a silly idea and didn’t even think the 4k would be that resource intensive.
Would upgrading my graphics card solve this issue? Thanks in advance, specs below.

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 60hz (Using 4k hdmi cables)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core 3800Mhz
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER (Driver version 461.40)
Memory: Patriot 3200 (32GB RAM)
MOBO: X570 ASRock Phantom Gaming 4-CB

Solution
I have a regular RTX 2080; 4k is very resource intensive, and I am regularly faced with situations where I can't maintain a full 4k without dropping below 60 fps. That's with just one monitor, you have three, and your 2080 Super is only about 5% faster than my regular 2080. So yes, I'm not surprised you're having issues. If you desire to keep your 3 x 4k monitors, then I would definitely recommend you upgrade your GPU to a RTX 3080. While you're at it, connect your monitors to your GPU via Displayport; nvidia GPUs work better over Displayport.
I have a regular RTX 2080; 4k is very resource intensive, and I am regularly faced with situations where I can't maintain a full 4k without dropping below 60 fps. That's with just one monitor, you have three, and your 2080 Super is only about 5% faster than my regular 2080. So yes, I'm not surprised you're having issues. If you desire to keep your 3 x 4k monitors, then I would definitely recommend you upgrade your GPU to a RTX 3080. While you're at it, connect your monitors to your GPU via Displayport; nvidia GPUs work better over Displayport.

Solution
Jan 27, 2021

Thanks! Yeah when I initially thought of the idea I suppose I was just overly excited and started buying the necessary components not even thinking of how resource intensive it is. It is actually quite manageable and I have come adapted to it, but it sure would be nice to eliminate the input lag all together. I kind of figured that I was stretching the 2080 super out a bit too then, but I guess I'll have to stick with it for now until the 3080 become available again. Most of them are out of stock or way above retail!. Thanks for the reply and hopefully 4k pc viewing will get better for us!