[SOLVED] Seeking Input on Build

Solution
Recommendation for a more reliable PSU? I've seen a lot of Seasonic (had never heard of them) and Corsairs. Also open to other AIO options. These parts/brands didn't exist last time I built.
1)https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...er-list-rev-14-8-final-update-jul-21.3624094/
Tier A.
Corsair RMX
Seasonic Focus PX/GX/GM - avoid Prime
Enermax Revolution D.F.
Those are just a few samples from that list.

2)You're not missing much between AIOs: Looks, and some require software to use(experience will vary).
If you pick something recent, you're good - stay away from Msi Coreliquid R/RH/C/P.
If you're going to stick with those QLs as chassis fans, I suggest front mounting the AIO, and not going larger than 280mm.
I'd buy all at once so I could identify dead parts immediately.

If you buy piece by piece, you may have defective parts sitting on your shelf awaiting more parts, but you wouldn't know they are defective because you haven't actually tried to use them. If DOA new and unused parts are more than 30 days old, you may not be able to return them

NICE Power build makkahige :love: and good reviews

My only concern is if you wish to Overclock beyond 5GHz then the H100i will struggle to keep temps in check or below 80C. Get the H150i if it fits in your case or if not then H115 with ML fans for quieter operation.

Get all you can when you can. Nothing worse than benchmarking and your PSU has not arrived. Very interested to see how you go? especially your RAM.

Last edited:
Reactions: makkahige

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I believe I've seen a few threads with the EVGA GAs not handling RTX 30 transient power very well, so that part likely needs changing.

Corsair QL: aesthetically pleasing(subjective) and low noise fans, but performance is not there. Corsair sacrificed it for the extra bling. Fortunately, you've chosen a mesh chassis, so it might not be too bad.
The air resistance is likely highest at the front, so I suggest installing the AIO as front intake, and the QLs can go in the top and rear locations as exhaust.

Dec 29, 2021
@Phaaze88 - Thanks for the review! Recommendation for a more reliable PSU? I've seen a lot of Seasonic (had never heard of them) and Corsairs. Also open to other AIO options. These parts/brands didn't exist last time I built.

@MeanMachine41 - will check out dimensions and update! Thanks. I'll probably pull trigger on all of it as soon as I can get my hands on RAM. GPU is likely going to take some time. At least I can test all the parts without the GPU thanks to integrated graphics (I think).

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Recommendation for a more reliable PSU? I've seen a lot of Seasonic (had never heard of them) and Corsairs. Also open to other AIO options. These parts/brands didn't exist last time I built.
1)https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...er-list-rev-14-8-final-update-jul-21.3624094/
Tier A.
Corsair RMX
Seasonic Focus PX/GX/GM - avoid Prime
Enermax Revolution D.F.
Those are just a few samples from that list.

2)You're not missing much between AIOs: Looks, and some require software to use(experience will vary).
If you pick something recent, you're good - stay away from Msi Coreliquid R/RH/C/P.
If you're going to stick with those QLs as chassis fans, I suggest front mounting the AIO, and not going larger than 280mm.

Solution