[SOLVED] Seeking inverted/flexible case

Azizinum

Distinguished
May 18, 2014
Hello guys, i'm looking for an inverted windowed mid atx case or a case which is flexible to be reversed with PSU being on bottom like this model "be quiet! Dark Base 700", if there is no other option i'm forced to go for this i mentioned, keep in mind i'm getting b550 atx mobo perhaps sooner or later, any help much appreciated it.

Solution
When talking about 'inverted' that usually means the motherboard is flipped in a non standard orientation. There's multiple cases where that's the layout, the gpu on top with cpu below, or even with the gpu vertical, and the 'back panel' on top.

The best part about the darkbase is its modularity. If you are willing to take the 900 screws out, it'll convert from left-hand window with gpu low, to a right-hand window with gpu high and inverted motherboard.

These have inverted motherboards, some can be shifted like the darkbase, most cannot.

Psu placement is a whole different question. Most modern cases are bottom mount psu. Depending on the case, that can mean fan up to act...
A windowed ATX case with the PSU on the bottom. That's the majority of modern case designs.

How about a budget and country you're shopping in?

GPU?

CPU? Water or air cooled? If water, what's the radiator size?

How many of what size storage drives?

Do you need an external 5.25" bay?

Azizinum

Distinguished
May 18, 2014
A windowed ATX case with the PSU on the bottom. That's the majority of modern case designs.

How about a budget and country you're shopping in?

GPU?

CPU? Water or air cooled? If water, what's the radiator size?

How many of what size storage drives?

Do you need an external 5.25" bay?
hi, my gpu is MSI Titanium Gtx 1070 Ti ,cpu probably will buy air cooler, will order from newegg to US address then to here Kuwait, preferred something with reasonable cost 130$ or less.

I think you're misunderstanding what he means by inverted.

The dark base can have the motherboard tray fitted to the left so the window and components are seen from the right hand side.

These type of cases are few and far between in all honesty, the dark base is easily the best designed and most readily available.

Reactions: Azizinum

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
When talking about 'inverted' that usually means the motherboard is flipped in a non standard orientation. There's multiple cases where that's the layout, the gpu on top with cpu below, or even with the gpu vertical, and the 'back panel' on top.

The best part about the darkbase is its modularity. If you are willing to take the 900 screws out, it'll convert from left-hand window with gpu low, to a right-hand window with gpu high and inverted motherboard.

These have inverted motherboards, some can be shifted like the darkbase, most cannot.

Psu placement is a whole different question. Most modern cases are bottom mount psu. Depending on the case, that can mean fan up to act as exhaust fan, or fan down and seperate from case airflow.

Reactions: Azizinum
Solution

Azizinum

Distinguished
May 18, 2014

Psu placement is a whole different question. Most modern cases are bottom mount psu. Depending on the case, that can mean fan up to act as exhaust fan, or fan down and seperate from case airflow.
this is exactly what i've been seeking, thanks alot for the link.