Question Seemingly random black screens, possibly CPU, PSU or mobo ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

djroff

Honorable
Sep 19, 2015
That's how we can tell it's not a simple GPU issue, because other stuff freezes up -- not just the vid signal. I'll be typing an email, and suddenly it quits in mid-sentence. About 45 seconds later, just about the time I'm ready to put my shoe through the monitor, it goes black.

AMD is sending me an RMA, we'll see how that goes. They'll probably "test" my processor, not be able to duplicate my problem, and send it back as-is. Why can't these manufacturers all be like L.L. Bean, and just swap your component out with a new one, to be safe?

Mar 31, 2021
That's how we can tell it's not a simple GPU issue, because other stuff freezes up -- not just the vid signal. I'll be typing an email, and suddenly it quits in mid-sentence. About 45 seconds later, just about the time I'm ready to put my shoe through the monitor, it goes black.

AMD is sending me an RMA, we'll see how that goes. They'll probably "test" my processor, not be able to duplicate my problem, and send it back as-is. Why can't these manufacturers all be like L.L. Bean, and just swap your component out with a new one, to be safe?
Yeah sometimes itt syas no input and other none edit: none meaning just black

ASK THE COMMUNITY