Seemingly random crashes in game

Hihellohi

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
After building my pc, it worked flawlessly of the first couple of weeks. After that however, the game i was playing (ac4) would crash for seemingly no reason after a random period of time (usually right on startup, but sometimes as long as 20 mins). The screen would cut to a random colour and then the game would either crash to the desktop or crash my entire system. When it crashes the system, the fans would occasionally run significantly louder until the system is completely off (about 3 sec). I experimented with this on a different game which yielded the same result. I then proceeded to nuke my hard drive and reinstall windows, resetting everything to factory settings but the problem persisted through this. I then ran a series of stress tests to diagnose the faulty component. Prime95 ran perfectly and furmark ran perfectly in windowed mode however flashes wildly in fullscreen and i managed to recreate a crash using this, causing me to believe that my graphics card is to blame.

My specs are:

CPU: Intel i5 4670
GPU: GTX 770 running latest non beta drivers
RAM: 8gb Corsair vengeance 1600mhz dual channel
Mobo: Gigabyte ga h87 d3h
PSU: Zalman zm 600 gt
Storage: Samsung 840 evo 120gb

Could anyone suggest potential fixes to this problem?

Thanks

Solution
Nothing to worry, the AC4 port is complete sh!t (to be honest). AC4 runs so much better on a PS4 then a PC due to the fact ubisoft has been quite lazy, so nothing to do with the system specs, just the game is broken like BF4

Effeectt

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013
Nothing to worry, the AC4 port is complete sh!t (to be honest). AC4 runs so much better on a PS4 then a PC due to the fact ubisoft has been quite lazy, so nothing to do with the system specs, just the game is broken like BF4

Solution