Sega Outs System Requirements for Alien: Isolation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another game that makes use of quad-cores. Only reason I even bothered to check this. I know that quad-core CPU usage is common now, I'm happy when it gets posted to help show people so they will stop saying only two cores are ever used.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Disappointed. Should require a beefier system. The Next-Gen Consoles are out. Still hope the game looks decent in comparison to what we've seen on the XB1 and PS4.

The recommended specs are for faster hardware than the XB1 and PS4.

leeb2013

Honorable
Recommended R9-200! It seems like the only time you need a decent GPU is when the game is horrendously optimised like Watchdogs. Gone are the days of ground breaking graphics which push your PC to the limit. When will they start producing games with better graphics that push our high end rigs?

childofthekorn

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
Disappointed. Should require a beefier system. The Next-Gen Consoles are out. Still hope the game looks decent in comparison to what we've seen on the XB1 and PS4.

Although I agree I'd love to see some games really tax beefier systems, the primary reason it took crysis 1 so long to see decent frames was because it was poorly programmed for multithreaded technology. Even crysis 3 was considered a let down for reasons including running too smoothly, which I found funny. Give me the Alien AI from this game in an Aliens (non colonial marines) environment and I'm sure your CPU would sweat.

childofthekorn

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
Recommended R9-200! It seems like the only time you need a decent GPU is when the game is horrendously optimised like Watchdogs. Gone are the days of ground breaking graphics which push your PC to the limit. When will they start producing games with better graphics that push our high end rigs?

When they stop producing for their lowest common denominator. My best guess. There will always be those games that come out to tax the hell out of your system, however, so don't worry, it'll come. My hope is for GTA V PC (even if mods are required).

leeb2013

Honorable
I understand they need to make games to run on low end machines, that's fine, but why to they limit the range of requirements from low to mid end rigs? Why don't they cater for high end machines with some awesome graphics?

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
Sounds extremely boring to me..."There’s no run-and-gun action as seen with other games in the franchise, but a slow crawl as players struggle to stay out of sight in order to remain alive." I would have preferred run-and-gun with a bit of tactics and strategy mixed in. Guess I'll have to wait until I see the Steam Metascores before jumping onboard for this ride.

M-31

Reputable
Aug 18, 2014
I agree with Ninjawithagun...Who want's to play a game where you have to crawl most of the time just to stay alive? "NO THANK"S"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts