Question Selecting Motherboard

Jul 13, 2024
I now have a short list of motherboards on my purchase list. Being a non gamer, I don't want to spend too much.
I am seriously considering MSI Pro B650-S WiFi Pro Series Motherboard. Three pluses for me. ATX , Included WiFi and adequate number of USB ports. I would appreciate feedback on my choice.

Hey there,

Really that depends on your CPU. I'd have to say the mobo that @jeremyj_83 has suggested is really good. More importantly, it has a ver robust power phase/vrm set up of 14+2+1 phases. This means it can handle any of the higher end CPU's a little better than the Pro, which has a 12+2+1 setup. Not much difference, however having more phases spreads the load across the vrms so they don't get too hot.

Jul 13, 2024
Hey there,

Really that depends on your CPU. I'd have to say the mobo that @jeremyj_83 has suggested is really good. More importantly, it has a ver robust power phase/vrm set up of 14+2+1 phases. This means it can handle any of the higher end CPU's a little better than the Pro, which has a 12+2+1 setup. Not much difference, however having more phases spreads the load across the vrms so they don't get too hot.
I plan to use a Ryzen 8600G.