[SOLVED] SELECTING THE BEST MONITOR

kyrios

Honorable
Aug 5, 2015
Hello!

Im basicaly having a very hard time desiding wich is the best monitor for me...
basicaly, i want the best image quality in a 32" monitor with maybe more than just 60 fps.

I apreciate all the sugestions i could get... its difficult when you know nothing about so many specs >.<

here is the list of comparisons i made of the monitors avaibeable at all my local stores:

https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/a7b5fb620
https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/4dd4fb61c
https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/52a0fb5e9

i want it for:
- gaming
-movie
-web design, 3d render and digital painting

design softwares i use:
-lumion
-autocad
-photoshop
-blender

games i play:
-apex
-league of legends
-age of empires
-the witcher
-star citizen
-(and 100 more XD)

PC I have a:
-RTX 2060
-i5 7500
-16gb ram

Solution
I guess im going for the LG 32UK550-B cuz im going to be doing production stuff plus i dont think i could use those 144fps in games that are worth using it, i think the free-sync might help smothing things more.
Hello kyrios

"Best" is a relative term. It assumes you prioritize the same things.

First thing to look at is the capabilities of your 2060.
Gaming: probable best case is 1440p resolution for usable frame rates around 60fps, depending on in-game settings you choose. At 1080p you might stretch to high frame rates, but I didn't see g-sync for those monitors. Forced freesync with g-sync can be less than ideal
Desktop apps: The higher resolution all the way.

Panel type VA vs IPS: Which type is acceptable to you. IPS known for better colors and faster response times than VA typically. VA known for better contrast ratios / deeper blacks

From there, start reading multiple monitor reviews of each of your narrowed down choices.
If you don't have to buy it in a local store, that will open up more options for you of course, such as the LG 32GK650G-B or 32GK850G-B.

kyrios

Honorable
Aug 5, 2015
Hello kyrios

"Best" is a relative term. It assumes you prioritize the same things.

First thing to look at is the capabilities of your 2060.
Gaming: probable best case is 1440p resolution for usable frame rates around 60fps, depending on in-game settings you choose. At 1080p you might stretch to high frame rates, but I didn't see g-sync for those monitors. Forced freesync with g-sync can be less than ideal
Desktop apps: The higher resolution all the way.

Panel type VA vs IPS: Which type is acceptable to you. IPS known for better colors and faster response times than VA typically. VA known for better contrast ratios / deeper blacks

From there, start reading multiple monitor reviews of each of your narrowed down choices.
If you don't have to buy it in a local store, that will open up more options for you of course, such as the LG 32GK650G-B or 32GK850G-B.

Well after a couple of days analizing all the options i think im falling for the LG 32UK550-B or the Asus strix XG32VQ... where i like the image quality 4k of the LG and the Asus 144fps 2k...

i like the 4k, hdr10 and 139 ppi and 10bit color of the LG a lot versus the Asus 2k offers 125% srgb 8bit 144fps.

but still hard decision...

i would love to buy online, but having to import it will increase the price by a lot considering the size and weight it will have, plus the down side of posible dificult warranty.

kyrios

Honorable
Aug 5, 2015
I guess im going for the LG 32UK550-B cuz im going to be doing production stuff plus i dont think i could use those 144fps in games that are worth using it, i think the free-sync might help smothing things more.

Solution