Question selective suspend, Windows 10, intel(r) usb 3.0 extensible host controller and Logitech problem?

Euroman28

Reputable
Jan 23, 2020
Finally gotten around to optimizing my computer which runs a Asus Z370 - p motherboard. In regards I have discovered an error while running the Windows 10 energy report.

The following error.

USB disconnect: USB device does not switch to selective disconnect
This device did not switch to selective USB disconnection. Processor power management can be avoided when the USB device is not in selective power off mode. Note that this
does not prevent the system from switching to sleep mode.
Device name USB storage device
Host Controller ID PCI \ VEN_8086 & DEV_A2AF
Host controller location PCI bus 0, device 20, function 0
Device ID USB \ VID_058F & PID_6366
Path to gate 13
This device did not switch to selective USB disconnection. Processor power management can be avoided when the USB device is not in selective power off mode. Note that this
Device Name USB Composite Device
Device ID USB \ VID_045E & PID_075D
Path to gate 10
Device ID USB \ VID_04F9 & PID_009E
Path to port 8
Device ID USB \ VID_046D & PID_C52B
Path to gate 5
Device ID USB \ VID_046D & PID_C52F
Path to gate 6

I have done som googling and discovered that DEV_A2AF is reference to intel(r) usb 3.0 extensible host controller. A controller which apprently has been discontinued as of January 2019.

The computer also had the problem that if I tried to put it hypernate it would wake to 1-2 sec after.

I then discovered that if de-activated "allow this device to wake the computer" under HID keyboard and HID mouse via Device manager, then I can get the PC to enter suspend (and stay there).

But if I rerun the Windows 10 energy report, then the error "This device did not switch to selective USB disconnection" still occurs on all USB devices.

And now we come to my question. Does the above error happen, because the Intel controller mentioned above isn't 100 % Windows 10 compatible ?

Euroman28

Reputable
Jan 23, 2020

Euroman28

Reputable
Jan 23, 2020

Euroman28

Reputable
Jan 23, 2020
did you try clicking "Opdater driver" in this screen?
I did and it says that the driver installed is the most suitable.

So my guess is either I need to do a reinstall of Windows and if that produces the same result, then the motherboard exchangeable 3.0 controller is broken in regards to Windows 10 selective standby :(

Even though Asus claimed its designed for Windows 10.