[SOLVED] Self build Pc doesn't boot (no bios, only black screen), but fans are spinning

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 23, 2021
(first post on tom's hardware, i hope this is the correct place)

Specs:
GIGABYTE 570 Gaming X motherboard
amd radeon r7 200 series GPU
amd ryzen 7 3700x CPU with stock cooler
HyperX 16GB (1x 16 GB) 3200MHz DDR4
cooler master thunder 600w
cooler master k380 case

Hi everyone i tried upgrading my pre-built pc (for the first time so i am a first time builder)
by upgrading the motherboard, the cpu and the ram (the gpu will follow).

Quick note: I used an anti-static wristband and was very careful with the new parts.

However, after adding these parts i can't seem to get it to boot.
When i press the power button only the cpu fan, gpu fan and occasionaly the system fan start spinning. The RGB colours of the ram also start shining. But nothing happens when i plug in a monitor, all i get is a black screen and my monitors state that there is no signal detected. I had expected to see a bios but alas.
Also, one time after pressing the power button, the pc turned on (same situation as described above) but then it suddenly went off and restarted automatically. I don't know why this happened or what this could mean, but this might be usefull information.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem is / what i did wrong?

I already checked all the power supply cables for the motherboard (24 ATX) and the cpu (12v ATX).
I also looked at the cpu position. I believe it is placed correctly, it slides nicely into its slot and i didn't see any bent pins.
Because i need my pc tomorrow i took out all the parts and put in the old parts. Basically rebuilding my old pc and everything works and i can use my pc like normal.

Can it be that the powersupply is too weak to power the new components?
or is the motherboard defect, or another component?
or does the motherboard shortcircuit by touching the case?

If something is unclear or you need extra information just ask!

Ty in advance!

Solution
(first post on tom's hardware, i hope this is the correct place)

Specs:
GIGABYTE 570 Gaming X motherboard
amd radeon r7 200 series GPU
amd ryzen 7 3700x CPU with stock cooler
HyperX 16GB (1x 16 GB) 3200MHz DDR4
cooler master thunder 600w
cooler master k380 case

Hi everyone i tried upgrading my pre-built pc (for the first time so i am a first time builder)
by upgrading the motherboard, the cpu and the ram (the gpu will follow).

Quick note: I used an anti-static wristband and was very careful with the new parts.

However, after adding these parts i can't seem to get it to boot.
When i press the power button only the cpu fan, gpu fan and occasionaly the system fan start spinning. The RGB colours of the ram also start shining. But...
Feb 23, 2021
That could be software updates and installs still happening in the background since it is a new build.

There have been reports of USB problems with X570 boards. So that might be something a BIOS update can help you with.

The 'pack' folder is still located in my Downloads folder. But for now I think I will just keep everything as it is, until I run into problems.

Ty for your time :)

Feb 23, 2021
The USB thing is relatively recent. Something to keep an eye on and check back regularly for BIOS updates. If it continues apparently there are things you can try like disabling C-states and/or PCIe 4.0.

https://www.pcinvasion.com/x570-and-b550-motherboard-usb-issues/#:~:text=Since their launch in fall,having sound cards become distorted

https://www.anandtech.com/show/16498/amd-usb-connectivity

Ok!
Altough these people often say their usb devices shortly disconnect or that their devices don't register but my problem is more that my mouse pointer laggs.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Could still be related, a quick disconnect of your mouse, or the data from it getting interrupted by something else disconnecting/reconnecting.

You could also try moving your mouse to a different USB port, your system may have more than one controller.

Feb 23, 2021
Could still be related, a quick disconnect of your mouse, or the data from it getting interrupted by something else disconnecting/reconnecting.

You could also try moving your mouse to a different USB port, your system may have more than one controller.

ah ok, i thought it might have been something else. But i will keep an eye on the USB problems and solutions !