Self Powered USB2 or 1394 HDD Enclosures ?

Hi,

I know that Wiebetech make external hard disks that are powered via the USB
or Firewire cables.

Are there any IDE or SATA disk enclosures I can buy that are also powered
through the data cable? (i..e to put my own hard disks in)

Cheers,

Fred.

Fred Finisterre <finisterre@gmail.com> wrote in message

> I know that Wiebetech make external hard disks
> that are powered via the USB or Firewire cables.

> Are there any IDE or SATA disk enclosures I can buy that are also
> powered through the data cable? (i..e to put my own hard disks in)

That is feasible with a laptop IDE drive, but not with
SATA, it has a separate power cable to the data cable.