Selling Custom Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin_28

Commendable
Nov 25, 2016
Hey all,

I would like to sell my Gaming PC. I am going to be moving shortly and don't have space to bring the computer with me. I am also looking to upgrade in the near future once I'm settled from the move. I am just wondering if anyone has some suggestions on how to sell the computer. I tried listing on ebay, nothing yet. I bought the parts in November 2016, and the computer has been great ever since, no issues. i5 6500, Gigabyte windforce OC GTX 1060 3GB, 16 G DDR4, 480 GB SSD, AsRock ITX H110M mobo, 480W SilverStone PSU all cased in a SilverStone Raven RVZ01 case, also an HP 22er monitor. Bought all the parts for about 1500, looking for around 1000. Is that too high? I may be willing to just sell individual parts too but I would prefer the whole system gone. Thanks guys!

Solution

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I sell quite a bit on ebay. Complete builds too, quite often. Most ebay PC buyers are looking for bargains; maybe looking for a low cost alternative to what they see in stores and online. It's rare someone with a grand to spend would go to ebay and buy a used PC no matter what it cost the seller new. Although if you're willing to wait long enough, someone will eventually buy it.
I used to sell high end builds on ebay, but found that out the hard way. Selling a budget gaming PC in the $500-$600 range sells pretty quickly tho, from my experience.

Might try using the best offer option. Maybe see if you can squeeze out free shipping to the lower 48 US states (if you are US based).

Otherwise, if it hasn't even had any watches yet, it may be time to part it out. I had to do that with one recently. Actually made more than if I sold it as a complete build, oddly enough.

USAFRet

Titan

$1500 in parts, 18 months old.
$1000 is too optimistic. Especially within fleabay.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.