Question Selling Price Check GTX 1070 PC?

Oct 8, 2022
So I'm looking to sell my current PC soon and wanted advise on how much I should sell it for.

I've had this PC for 5ish years and these are the specs:

MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
ProcessorIntel Core i7 7700K "Kaby Lake" Quad
Graphics Card8GB EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC Black
Power SupplyCorsair 550W TXM - 80PLUS GOLD
ChassisThermaltake Core X71 Edition Full Tower Computer Case Tempered Glass - Black
System Drive250GB Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD
Storage Drive1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD
Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 10 Home 64bit
MemoryCorsair CMK32GX4M2A2400C16 Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4 2400 MHz XMP 2.0

I'm not savy when it comes to how much PC's are worth and their components so I thought I'd make this thread and get some opinions? :)

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I tend to agree with the lower of these ranges and actually would be a bit surprised at that. With GPU prices falling the way they are you could spend a few more hundo than this and have a new system, under warranty that performs better. Keep in mind that a modern i3/R3 will run circles around a 7700K. Personally feel you might maximize opportunities if you parted. Your GPU and (maybe) CPU/mobo/RAM combo would be your quick sale items and most of the cash value. I would expect to be stuck with parts unless you basically give them away.

Might be worthwhile to explore whether friend or family need a decent older platform and work a trade or barter with them for it.