Question semi faulty Sata !

George8829

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2014
I purchased a gigabyte h97 d3h v1.0 nine years ago. Yesterday, my pc get stuck loading windows so I thought my windows version is the cause of that problem so after waiting 20 minutes the system worked , but when I opened task manager I saw a 100% hdd disk usage all the time for one of my main 4 hdds storage devices. I switched the sata ports to sort out the cause of that problem and sadly it turned out to be the sata port number 5. Is there anyway to fix that or this mobo is just begging to show its age?.If I switch this faulty to my hdd (O) or any other hdd in my system it becomes 100% utilized!
TM.png

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
when I opened task manager I saw a 100% hdd disk usage all the time for one of my main 4 hdds storage devices
Usually when this happens, it's an OS issue, you'll see this on Windows 8 and above, it's known as memoryleak. When this issue happens, you see abnormal usage of memory or CPU or drives or all of them at the same time.

Can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at this moment of time? Would also help to see if your storage controller drivers are installed.

Might I ask how you've to get 12GB's of ram on that platform?

George8829

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2014
when I opened task manager I saw a 100% hdd disk usage all the time for one of my main 4 hdds storage devices
Usually when this happens, it's an OS issue, you'll see this on Windows 8 and above, it's known as memoryleak. When this issue happens, you see abnormal usage of memory or CPU or drives or all of them at the same time.

Can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at this moment of time? Would also help to see if your storage controller drivers are installed.

Might I ask how you've to get 12GB's of ram on that platform?
Capture.png

I have 3x4gb ddr3 hyperx fury

George8829

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2014
I think I may have found what causing this weird problem!. I guess it's a small program called InSpecter. It disable meltdown and spectre vulnerabilities to speed up cpus. I hope my finding would help others who may face this exact issue.

George8829

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2014
I think I may have found what causing this weird problem!. I guess it's a small program called InSpecter. It disable meltdown and spectre vulnerabilities to speed up cpus. I hope my finding would help others who may face this exact issue.
Just don't disable them if you're experiencing the same issue I mentioned.