service host local system high memory usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saif_1

Reputable
Sep 7, 2015
Hello ,
This is my first post please kindly ignore my faults :)

Here is my PC configuration :
url]

Recently I am getting notification that my memory is low, close some application to free the memory. But I wasn't running any high memory consuming programs. Then I looked into my Task manager and got this :
2015_09_07_21_47_23.png

I am really not sure why this is taking so much memory. This Service Host: Local System continuously taking more and more memory and it moves total memory upto 80% ....
This didn't happen before I am recently facing this problem.
How I can stop this so that it doesn't take this unusual memory.

I checked windows update but no update is pending. Any help will highly appreciated.

Solution
Open up an elevated Command Prompt by typing "CMD" in Start, right-clicking on the first option, and selecting "Run as administrator." Enter "sfc /scannow." After this, enter "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth".

Slashgeek

Admirable
Open up an elevated Command Prompt by typing "CMD" in Start, right-clicking on the first option, and selecting "Run as administrator." Enter "sfc /scannow." After this, enter "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth".

Solution

Bazing440

Commendable
Sep 15, 2016

Wow, surprisingly this thread is not as dead as i thought it would be... same issue as well. Did you have any luck with anything?

tfitch11

Reputable
Oct 15, 2015

OK tried it. It took a while, found something was corrupt. after running the second command i restarted. after a fresh boot and my computer's been for about 5 minutes now so fully booted, I am finding that this was absolutely 100% effective. the process that was spiking up and using a lot of memory is no longer doing that. This worked for me.

RandomRambler

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
I had this same problem, this is how i solved it. Kill and disable the "Superfetch" service in "services.msc" The go to "Start->Settings->System->Notifications and actions" and turn off "Show me tips about Windows"
Hope this helps someone. This decreased memory usage for this particular service to 16.1MB and my CPU now idles at 10-15% instead of 90%

Ayush_11

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
I'll help y'all. Easy fix. If the above methods don't work for y'all. Open task manager go find the service which is taking up all the cpu. And right click on it. You'll go to details option. Click on it. End the task. End all the tasks which are taking about alot of usage like 20-50 percent usage or more.

GimyK

Reputable
May 3, 2014
Disable Windows Update!
Open up windows update and set it to never search for updates.
Most of the time this process is to blame for the high CPU usage.

505steel

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016

This worked for me phenomenally! My local services were running at over 4000MB and now it's down to 100MB!

Ballsrog

Commendable
Dec 4, 2016
Hate to say it, but my fix is going to be buy a mac next time. You go from Windows 2000 which worked perfectly to this garbage. When my computer from 16 years ago worked better than the garbage I have now... it's time to move on. Just don't know much about Mac. Going to hate having to learn a new steez. Hope you can do all the same things these days.

By the way, mine will be at 100 percent disk usage for like 10 mins after startup, then periodically shoot back up every now and again. It only use to do the spiking before the latest update. And of course you can't turn off auto update, that would make too much sense. Youre stuck with whatever they do to make it worse.

Honestly, who programs this chit?

Ciro_2

Commendable
Dec 10, 2016

Compliments, this solution has worked also for me. It were mounths that I searched a solution. Thank you
Ciro

Zyxelinbkk

Commendable
Dec 13, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.