[SOLVED] Setting samsung 970 EVO as default boot in UEFI

scottomatic

Prominent
Dec 24, 2018
Hello Im trying to set Samsung 970 EVO as default boot in UEFI on an Alienware Aurora R5. The drive is installed via a pcie adapter. I used the Samsung migration tool to move Windows 10 Pro x64 over to the new drive. If i hit F10 during boot and manually choose the Samsung drive I can boot to it just fine. But if i change UEFI settings, it shows the old HDD as the default boot device and I cant seem to change it. In the BOOT tab, I can't simply select a boot device, it just shows Windows Boot Manager in UEFI. I know this is a knowledge issue, I just need to learn how to configure it. Advice? images: https://imgur.com/a/WsReqRz

WsReqRz

Solution
Unfamiliar with that bios,can you make a screenshot of the bootsection?

Can use Imgur to post a picture here,use the "img" link.
Click "new post" ->choose "upload images" -> "browse" ->choose the picture and click "open" ->put cursor on the picture that you uploaded->choose "share links" and copy the img link,paste it in your next post.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Unfamiliar with that bios,can you make a screenshot of the bootsection?

Can use Imgur to post a picture here,use the "img" link.
Click "new post" ->choose "upload images" -> "browse" ->choose the picture and click "open" ->put cursor on the picture that you uploaded->choose "share links" and copy the img link,paste it in your next post.

Solution

scottomatic

Prominent
Dec 24, 2018

scottomatic

Prominent
Dec 24, 2018
Great suggestion haven't tried that yet. The only other devices I can select are IPv4 and IPv6 boot options. According to what Im reading, I have to edit the Windows Boot Manager to make it boot to this device. I haven't been having much luck with that, and am considering going where you just mentioned.