Setting the local admin password

Marty

Can I use a group policy to set the local administrator password on my
workstations?

If so how?

Marty

try
net user administrator new_password

in GP > Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Scripts > Startup.

"Marty" wrote:

> Can I use a group policy to set the local administrator password on my
> workstations?
>

> If so how?
>
> Marty

Marty

i thought the net user command only aplied to network/domain accounts, if I
don't use the /domain switch, it aplies to the local workstation
administrator account and not the domain account?

"Desmond Lee" wrote:

> try
> net user administrator new_password
>
> in GP > Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Scripts > Startup.
>

> "Marty" wrote:
>
> > Can I use a group policy to set the local administrator password on my
> > workstations?
> >

> > If so how?
> >
> > Marty

That is correct. You can test it on a local machine using the exact syntax
shown.
After password is changed, logoff and re-login to verify the change.
Once confirmed, you can deploy this domain-wide via GP for machines that
are part of the domain.

The /domain switch specifies that the account being modified is from the
domain (not local machine). This does not appear to be what you are looking
for.