Question Setting up Dolby Atmos Audio Configuration with NVIDIA RTX 4070 on Windows 10

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 14, 2024
Hello everyone,

I have an NVIDIA RTX 4070 graphics card with multiple outputs, including several DisplayPort ports and an HDMI 2.1 output. I'm using Windows 10 as my operating system.
I would like to use one of the DisplayPort ports to connect my 4K monitor for gaming visuals, and reserve the HDMI 2.1 output exclusively to connect my Dolby Atmos soundbar for spatialized audio.

Is it possible to configure this setup on my PC?

Additionally, could you confirm if using Dolby Atmos through a soundbar is free, or if it requires purchasing an app from the Microsoft Store?

Thanks in advance for your help! ;)

Best regards,

Ok, so based on what you're telling me, I can definitely forget about this purchase. Is it unlikely that this latency issue was fixed by a firmware update?
thats a hardware latency from audio processing hardware, firmware tweaks could potentialy decrease it lightly, but that processing hardware is mostly likely some low end garbage tier grade
AVR within same price point would have much lower latency, atleast mine denon (750eur) ranges from 0 to 500ms (configurable - 0ms is default), the only delay it can get is when using powered speakers which has its own audio processing (DSP) like that sonos soundbar, direct wired speaker - no delay from hardware even with processing from receiver

its not complex
ARC is both input and ouput
you connect receiver with TV through ARC, you play something on receiver, TV can pick it up and you can hear it playing from TV
you play something on TV, receiver picks it up and you can hear it from receiver
speaker comnfiguration done on ARC main device (usualy TV)
input/ouptut doesnt really matter, single cable carries both audio inputs/ouputs

thats the normal way, sonos on the other hand used HDMI, fully cut out everything from HDMI which is mandatory to be HDMI certified device and left just CEC and ARC, meaning, it cant be used with HDMI, as it is not HDMI device, but ARC only device (no HDMI audio)
No ARC on TVs is Input. While ARC on almost all audio equipment is Output.

Okay you have a Denon AVR right. Do one thing. I see you connected PC to it and got it connected to TV through ARC right. Here try connected PC to the ARC port on the Receiver and connect TV to another Output port and you will understand what I am trying to say.