Question Several issues with Acer Aspire A7 laptop

Jun 1, 2021
Hi I own an Acer Aspire 7 and it will be my 3rd year of ownership this October. I have been facing a list of problems in my laptop since I don't have a authentic acer service center as well as the available service centers are bad at their work. The problems are :

1. Since the early days i have a heating issues despite having 2 fans in it. Keeps thermal throttling
  2. I have showed my laptop at various places but they say the thermal paste is all right, I haven't changed it since I purchased this laptop
  3. Some of the keys in this laptop have stopped working like w, Tab, Home and sometimes now a days j and num pads are also working sometimes
  4. I wanted to change the keyboard on my laptop but due to its design the laptop needs to be completely dismantled to change the keyboard.
  5. Now the battery has also been showing its signs as some times it shows the battery is completely been ware some its it shows 28k is still left.
  6. Charging problems, The laptops doesn't charge at all if at sleep or turned off state, and when I charge , it alternately charges like it keeps charging and after 40-50 sec it automatically discharges and again charges and the thing keeps repeating I cant find put if its the battery or the charger that is creating problems.
The laptop takes 3-4 min to bootup completely

I have tried re installing drivers and stuffs but the keyboard problems is effecting my use but i have not done BIOs update thing as I think the keyboard problem occurred due to overheating of cpu and gpu as the key w is just above them and as it reaches top temp of 84-90 c it must have damaged it.

I hope I get help here in this forum thanks.

My specs :

i5 7300hq @ 2.5 Ghz
8 GB RAM
64 bit OS
1050ti
1000 GB HDD

Lutfij

Titan
  1. You can try your hand at undervolting using either Intel's XTU or ThrottleStop
  2. You might want to remove the thermal paste and reapply with some good high quality paste. Note, don't remove the thermal pads unless you have the right size/dimensions and of higher quality than what is already in the laptop. Cleaning the vents of dirt and debris will also improve temps/heat dissipation.
  3. You will need to replace the keyboard, provided you've already tried removing the keycaps to clean up any dirt or debris.
  4. Yeah those sort of laptops are a trouble to work with but if done right, you end up with a restored laptop.
  5. Replace the battery with a genuine part.
  6. Battery replacement should solve that issue. You might want to inspect the power brick for any physical damage.

What version of Windows 10 are you on? Ideally you should be on version 21H1.

Jun 1, 2021
Thanks, i use XTU and undervolted it but still the temp reaches at 86-91 c. I will be changing the battery and thermal paste after the lockdown in my country ends. Getting a genuine part here is very difficult and since i dont have a genuione windows 10 verision i have stopped all the updates as it made my laptop boot speed slower. My version is windows 10 pro v1803

Jun 1, 2021
  1. You can try your hand at undervolting using either Intel's XTU or ThrottleStop
  2. You might want to remove the thermal paste and reapply with some good high quality paste. Note, don't remove the thermal pads unless you have the right size/dimensions and of higher quality than what is already in the laptop. Cleaning the vents of dirt and debris will also improve temps/heat dissipation.
  3. You will need to replace the keyboard, provided you've already tried removing the keycaps to clean up any dirt or debris.
  4. Yeah those sort of laptops are a trouble to work with but if done right, you end up with a restored laptop.
  5. Replace the battery with a genuine part.
  6. Battery replacement should solve that issue. You might want to inspect the power brick for any physical damage.
What version of Windows 10 are you on? Ideally you should be on version 21H1.

Hey an update now my laptop dosent reposnd to j key and the screen shows horizontal lines on the left side only nothing on the right side im just worried if its the heating and battery and this alternative charging damaging the laptop